Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Foggy windows and the smell of coolant

Quote Originally Posted by BobKo View Post
    In the meantime, you could remove the two hoses that feed the heater and join them together to bypass your leaky heater core. That way, you can still use the car. You won't have any heat, but it is the summer (or well into spring, anyway). It's actually a good time to replace all your radiator and heater hoses, if you haven't done that already. If your hoses are 10+ years old, they are a leak just waiting to happen.
    I have done that on my old Volvo 240 when it's heater core went out. It's not a pressing issue since my wife works from home now so I'm just going to leave it be until the parts come. I wish I could find silicone hoses, that would be a nice improvement under hood.
    '09 SX4 AWD 5-spd Technology Copper Sunlight Metallic - RIP
    '15 Ford Fiesta ST Tuxedo Black, Stage 2+ E30 tuned
    '09 SX4 AWD 5-spd Touring Copper Sunlight Metallic - v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Die trying View Post
    I have done that on my old Volvo 240 when it's heater core went out. It's not a pressing issue since my wife works from home now so I'm just going to leave it be until the parts come. I wish I could find silicone hoses, that would be a nice improvement under hood.
    I got hoses from Rock Auto, and they were pretty cheap. I figure they will last for 8-10 years or so, and I can't imagine still having the car at that point. Don't get me wrong... my 2008 SX4 is in great shape and runs well, but in another 8 years it will be 20+ years old. Time for a new car with new technology at that point.
    2008 SX4 Hatchback 2.0-liter, AWD, 5-speed manual
    Check out my SX4 maintenance videos on my YouTube channel