Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A/C

If someone fixed your car before, I would check

1. OBD cide first
    2. The AC clutch connector.
    For not pulgged in correctly. Bent pins etc.
    3. Use multimeter to check voltage at the plug. Is there power to clutch when A/C on.
    (Is it a JLX with auto climate control? You need to fill your car profile in signature.
    4. If there is power to clutch, use wood stick to press in clutch pressure plate. Does it move?
    5. Whike running, tap pressure plate with wood ( must be caution as the drive belt is running.
    If clutch engage. You might have a rusted clutch.
    There is tgread in forum on how to just to change clutch easy.
    2007AWD auto.212k km..K/N air filter,AUXinput,Grp34size Battery
    Fixes..alternator,swybarlnk,cntrlarm,innertierod,P wiperarm,Rexhaustjnt,Raxleseals,Ujoints,idler,tens ioner pulleys.

Quote Originally Posted by CF7 View Post
    If someone fixed your car before, I would check

1. OBD cide first
    2. The AC clutch connector.
    For not pulgged in correctly. Bent pins etc.
    3. Use multimeter to check voltage at the plug. Is there power to clutch when A/C on.
    (Is it a JLX with auto climate control? You need to fill your car profile in signature.
    4. If there is power to clutch, use wood stick to press in clutch pressure plate. Does it move?
    5. Whike running, tap pressure plate with wood ( must be caution as the drive belt is running.
    If clutch engage. You might have a rusted clutch.
    There is tgread in forum on how to just to change clutch easy.
    It would be helpful to have some picture of where all this stuff is - AC clutch, its connector, pressure plate, etc.

Car is a 2012 SX4, USA model. VIN: JS2YB5A37C63023 _ _

Do you have a link to that change clutch thread?
    Last edited by ihatemycar; May 4th, 2021 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatemycar View Post
    Interesting. Any video on how to use?
    Funny you should ask that, as I started shooting a "How to Recharge Your A/C" video on my SX4 a couple years ago. But the shooting all fell apart for some reason... maybe I will have to look at what I have and see if it can be finished somehow.

In the meantime, here is a generic video that shows how to recharge a car's AC system. His technical quality is not as good as my videos, but he certainly shows how to do it, and the process is exactly the same in an SX4: https://youtu.be/gfZ3aKVMGZ4
    2008 SX4 Hatchback 2.0-liter, AWD, 5-speed manual
    Check out my SX4 maintenance videos on my YouTube channel