Thread: Post editing

Post editing

Why can I not edit a post I made? I've found that on some of my posts, there is an edit button but not on others. Can this be changed so all posts can be edited to correct something?
    2009 SX4 AWD hatch, auto, 2.0L. JX model I think. I am the king of knowledge and all around me are fools (is what I tell myself to boost my ego).

I think there is a time limit on how far back posts can be edited.

If I remember right, that was changed when one of the forum's most knowledgeable posters got mad about something and decided to edit all of their old posts to delete all of the information they had provided. As one of the top posters, it made a giant mess.

If there is something that you need edited or deleted that you're not able to, feel free to reach out to die trying or I and we can help you out. I do respect people's right to decide what to do with the things they post, and I'm happy to help people out, even help them delete their account. But as this site mostly serves as a repository of information and experience, if a lot of people started deleting everything they ever contributed, we would lose a lot of the value in the site for new people or lurkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Brumbie13 View Post
    I think there is a time limit on how far back posts can be edited.

If I remember right, that was changed when one of the forum's most knowledgeable posters got mad about something and decided to edit all of their old posts to delete all of the information they had provided. As one of the top posters, it made a giant mess.

If there is something that you need edited or deleted that you're not able to, feel free to reach out to die trying or I and we can help you out. I do respect people's right to decide what to do with the things they post, and I'm happy to help people out, even help them delete their account. But as this site mostly serves as a repository of information and experience, if a lot of people started deleting everything they ever contributed, we would lose a lot of the value in the site for new people or lurkers.

Okay thanks. I just wanted to change a post but it's not a big deal. When it is I'll contact someone to help me out.
    2009 SX4 AWD hatch, auto, 2.0L. JX model I think. I am the king of knowledge and all around me are fools (is what I tell myself to boost my ego).