Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moderators

Moderators

I would like to suggest new moderators. The current ones have not been on the site in years. Myself and CF7 seem to be the only consistantly active members so I nominate us. Uhh, you might want to ask CF7 though.
    '09 SX4 AWD 5-spd Technology Copper Sunlight Metallic - RIP
    '15 Ford Fiesta ST Tuxedo Black, Stage 2+ E30 tuned
    '09 SX4 AWD 5-spd Touring Copper Sunlight Metallic - v2.0

I'm good with someone who actually comes on the site but who can change the moderators?
    2009 SX4 AWD hatch, auto, 2.0L. JX model I think. I am the king of knowledge and all around me are fools (is what I tell myself to boost my ego).

The admin

I have also reached out to admin about the spammer trying to run a fake document scam but I have not heard back. I'm not sure how often he checks the page these days. We do need someone we can reach out to in order to keep the scammers and spammers off the page though.

It appears the admin was last here Feb. 24th.
    2009 SX4 AWD hatch, auto, 2.0L. JX model I think. I am the king of knowledge and all around me are fools (is what I tell myself to boost my ego).

Yeah. He will come around eventually. He's a really cool guy. You should have seen this place 10 years ago. We were a big and close community. I was a jerk though.

Quote Originally Posted by Die trying View Post
    Yeah. He will come around eventually. He's a really cool guy. You should have seen this place 10 years ago. We were a big and close community. I was a jerk though.
    I was on the Teamswift site then and it was a great place for finding info but it went away. It has been replaced but a lot of the info was lost. The guy that started the new site bought the old site but unfortunately many things got lost in between owners.

The guy from turbine tech was the old owner of that site I think.

We're all jerks at some point.

Something similar happened to us. We used to be sx4club.com but the owner of that site didn't pay the bills and off went the lights. Unfortunately this forum is littered with dead links to that defunct site now. We took for granted it wouldn't be searchable forever.

I can make you a moderator. I'm headed out of town this weekend but I will do it next week. If I forget, send me a PM.

Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by Topdown@-40 View Post
    I was on the Teamswift site then and it was a great place for finding info but it went away.
    That's why I keep the site alive and continue to pay the hosting fees every month. The community has slowly faded and is a shell of what it once was, but I know there is so much irreplaceable knowledge here. People still sign up every day. I think this place is just such a huge repository of information that I would feel bad if I just disappeared it. When the site becomes almost entirely inactive, I might eventually close it, but I think I will always keep it up, even as just a read-only forum, for the sake of allowing people to find the information.