Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: front seat replacement

Same for me driver seat cushion feel lower that passenger seat. I want to follow this discussion.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Having the same problem with a 2008 SX4 Sport. Junk yard seats are junk and new seats are too expensive. Since my seat material is in good condition, I am contacting local upholstery shops about replacing the foam in the seat. This way the interior will look the same. Improvements in the foam over the last 10 years should result in a firmer seat. I'll post my review when the work is done.

Quote Originally Posted by jstampsjr View Post
    Having the same problem with a 2008 SX4 Sport. Junk yard seats are junk and new seats are too expensive. Since my seat material is in good condition, I am contacting local upholstery shops about replacing the foam in the seat. This way the interior will look the same. Improvements in the foam over the last 10 years should result in a firmer seat. I'll post my review when the work is done.
    Hi. I know thread is a bit old but wondering if OP or anyone else found solution to disintegrating seat foam? Cheers.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk
    2010 SX4 AWD 6SPD J20B

I took mine to a local automotive upholster. They replaced the foam and left hand seat panels on the driver's seat and reinforced the underside of the foam with vinyl convertible roof material to prevent the frame from cutting through the foam again. Out the door in one day for less than $400.
    '09 SX4 AWD 5-spd Technology Copper Sunlight Metallic - RIP
    '15 Ford Fiesta ST Tuxedo Black, Stage 2+ E30 tuned
    '09 SX4 AWD 5-spd Touring Copper Sunlight Metallic - v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Die trying View Post
    I took mine to a local automotive upholster. They replaced the foam and left hand seat panels on the driver's seat and reinforced the underside of the foam with vinyl convertible roof material to prevent the frame from cutting through the foam again. Out the door in one day for less than $400.
    nice. not too costly, i guess finding a good upholstry shop is key. My drivers side has a bit of wear and tear after 10 years of usage
    2010 sx4 JX AWD