Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best of Chinese Head Units?

I am using Eonon head units with Android system and yes, it is satisfactory for me.

Hello everyone.

Maybe silly question :
    About the steering control. Does the head unit/radio/navigation device needs to be compatible with canbus(odb) or are the controls on the sx4 analog and not digital ?

Thank a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by laurent View Post
    Hello everyone.

Maybe silly question :
    About the steering control. Does the head unit/radio/navigation device needs to be compatible with canbus(odb) or are the controls on the sx4 analog and not digital ?

Thank a lot.
    The SX4 has analog steering wheel controls. Canbus is a non-issue here.

I bought this one... https://www.ebay.ca/itm/32GB-Android...0AAOSwdilfUBAr

Completely plug and play. Installed and working in 10 minutes (without the back up camera). A couple more minutes to link the steering wheel. Am I completely happy with it, no but for the price I'm happy. Note: price has increased since I got mine by about $45.
    2009 SX4 AWD hatch, auto, 2.0L. JX model I think. I am the king of knowledge and all around me are fools (is what I tell myself to boost my ego).

Quote Originally Posted by Topdown@-40 View Post
    I bought this one... https://www.ebay.ca/itm/32GB-Android...0AAOSwdilfUBAr

Completely plug and play. Installed and working in 10 minutes (without the back up camera). A couple more minutes to link the steering wheel. Am I completely happy with it, no but for the price I'm happy. Note: price has increased since I got mine by about $45.
    Have you had any trouble with this head unit that you installed?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1DCGUY View Post
    Have you had any trouble with this head unit that you installed?

So far, so good. It occasionally does a reboot I don't expect but that's it.
    2009 SX4 AWD hatch, auto, 2.0L. JX model I think. I am the king of knowledge and all around me are fools (is what I tell myself to boost my ego).

So far, so good. It occasionally does a reboot I don't expect but that's it.
    When you say reboot, do you need to reload things, or does it just power down, and then start up again?

Do you know how to update the GPS maps?
    #1 2011 SX4 Crossover MT (Tech pkg), Sunlight Copper, RRO lift/shock relo, K&N, 215R70-16
    #2 2011 SX4 Crossover MT (Tech pkg), Sunlight Copper, K&N, Suzuki custom wheels

Quote Originally Posted by 1DCGUY View Post
    When you say reboot, do you need to reload things, or does it just power down, and then start up again?

Just power down and restart

Quote Originally Posted by poston View Post
    Do you know how to update the GPS maps?
    On the main screen you will see a settings box. It's in the list of options.