Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My (your) other rides thread....

Lol there ya go, now I see them!

Quote Originally Posted by frosty85 View Post
    Lol there ya go, now I see them!
    oye! it ruined all the fun... ha

Met a guy today that has a Metro with 700,000 miles. It is a beater. He said he changed the timing belts about 75 -100 K and the whole engine at 500,000 to be dependable but it was running fine. He threw away the TBI and has a Weber and an underhood electric fuel pump. Several people know him and he has other talents and is not lying. His good car is a Smart Fortwo, raised ever so slightly, for snow, with more aggressive tires on the back and spoke mags that seem slightly larger.

My other rides
    2006 Honda Interceptor 800
    1971 International Harvester 1210 Stepside
    Interceptor.jpg
    1210.jpg
    2013 White Crossover w/Technology Package, CVT, RRO Lift Kit, 215/70/16 Cooper Discoverer HP3 tires on stock rims

First car was a '97 855R 5spd manual swapped. It had way too much stuff done to it to name, but the basics were a hyrbid TD04H-19T turbo, full 3" exhaust, M56H manual tranny swap, FMIC, coilovers, custom 27mm rear sway bar, custom tuning. Broke 3 axles, and eventually bent a rod(s). Never did open up the old engine to see if more than one was bent, but it sounded like it. I blame the tiny hotside on the turbo, it was just impossible to control the boost spikes. Even with my EBC and boost by RPM. I could get full boost (22psi) at 2500rpm. I still have a soft spot for the whiteblock motor (love that 5cyl warble) but I was never a fan of this car. It took a lot of work to get it where I wanted it and even then it still didn't handle the way I wanted it to. Plus, it's a major pain in the butt to work on these cars. It became more of a hassle than it was enjoyable which is why I ended up cutting my losses and selling everything off in the end.

These were some of the custom parts I had made for the engine build before I sold it all off.

Equal length exhaust manifold (was going to have a GTX3586R turbo on it)

Custom intake manifold.

Wiseco forged pistons and forged rods.

Also had a S60R metal head gasket, ARP head studs, euro NA 850 cams, GTX3586R turbo, Turbosmart external wastegate, 1000cc injectors. Basically I was aiming for a reliable 500whp. Part of me is happy I quit befor even starting, and part of me wishes I saw it through, and the rest of me is happy I never have to work on an 850 again.

Second car was a '89 744 turbo intercooler 5spd manual. Even though the 850R was way faster, this is probably my favourite car out of all the cars I've owned (SX4 close second).
    -late model exhaust manifold with T3/T4 turbo @ 15psi
    -turboback 3" exhaust
    -RSI stage 3 cam
    -6 puck unsprung race clutch
    -G80 locker

Basically it was undrivable in the rain or in the winter. Seriously, it was dangerous for anyone to drive but me (mostly because of the clutch). It was so ridiculously tail happy that in the winter I would drive up hills sideways. And this was with snow tires on it. It had zero weight over the back end. Probably the most fun I've ever had in a vehicle. I'd probably still be in it today if a brake line didn't burst from rust at a most inopportune time (is there ever a good time for a brake line to burst?). Luckily I saved it without hurting anybody, but the car sacrificed itself to save me. Moral of the story, replace your rusty hard lines people!

Third car was a '97 854R. Basically I kept this one mostly stock for my girlfriend besides a FMIC, koni STR.T shocks, and I did a buttload of maintenance when we first got it. She loved it and it served her well, but unfortunately someone ran a red and smoked the front fender and caused just enough damage to tweak the front subframe and not make it worth fixing (the other car was a pancake btw).

Fourth car was my SX4.

Fifth was my 2001 GS500.
    -full Jardine stainless exhaust
    -K&N lunchbox
    -rejetted carbs
    -Sonic .90kg front springs with 20w oil
    -katana 3-way adjustable rear shock/spring
    -1/2" fork brace, bar-end mirrors, wrapped exhaust, satin black paint, projector headlights, LED tails, stubby turn signals.

And our last vehicle we just picked up (replacement for the 854R for my girlfriend) is our Grand Vitara 2.7L V6. This one will stay mostly stock besides 235/70/16 grabbers, LED tails that I bought her for christmas, and most like some upgraded projectors with HID's. We both now have jobs that require us to show up regardless of the weather so I feel much more comfortable with her driving this.
    Last edited by Wagoneer; December 14th, 2015 at 10:15 PM.
    '11 SX4 AWD 6-spd, '07 Grand Vitara V6, '01 GS500
    Father's: '12 Kizashi Sport & '12 Grand Vitara
    Proud owners of the entire North American Suzuki line-up

I really love ALL of you rides guys. Something from everywhere for everyone. Really nice to see the diversity.

I'll contribute,

The 2009 Sx4 awd

Previous SX4 2008 sport, sold it at 101 000km

The girlfriend's car. A 2001 Cavalier 2.2, 49 500km. Bought it for 1000$ from a lady. I repaired the rust everywhere I could. A brake line bursted while I was working on it in the driveway, talk about lucky eh Wagonneer?
    Its pretty clean I must admit for its age although the lady that had it kept bumping it EVERYWHERE, everything works properly. Not the most exciting car but really reliable, spacious and rides comfy.

1991 Miata, 251 000km, its on winter tires right now, I drive it when its dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sx4sport2008 View Post
    A brake line bursted while I was working on it in the driveway, talk about lucky eh Wagonneer?
    Better to burst in the driveway than in the middle of rush hour traffic
    '11 SX4 AWD 6-spd, '07 Grand Vitara V6, '01 GS500
    Father's: '12 Kizashi Sport & '12 Grand Vitara
    Proud owners of the entire North American Suzuki line-up

My daily drive is a 2000 BMW E46 318i, has 199k km on it. Full service history and in decent condition. Recently had to do the head gasket and have the head redone while I was at it I did a complete cooling system refresh with all new parts.

Then the wife has a 2010 Honda Jazz 1.4lx

And the wife's previous car / our spare car
    1999 Opel Corsa 130i Hatch

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by andrewbuch View Post
    And the wife's previous car / our spare car
    1999 Opel Corsa 130i Hatch

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
    Looks awesome, luv the wheels!

Europeans have nice small cars.