Thread: ORPCA Autocross #4 at PIR 6-28-15

ORPCA Autocross #4 at PIR 6-28-15

I went to another autocross event and am getting closer to having the car dialed in but there are a lot of variables to work out. The biggest new additions at this event was additional tuning and Kumho V710s. I used the BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 tires previously and they were getting torn up. Instead of ruining these ones I picked up the V710s for driving events and will save the BFGs for street driving. The car felt much more responsive than the last autocross day and I was amazed at how much traction the tires provided. The tires were heat cycled to maximize the efficiency and life of them.

The day started off with a few sprinkles but it dried up. Here are a few quick photos I shot from my phone.

The results from the event can be seen below:

Results:
    Final -https://web.archive.org/web/20150629...cross4_fin.htm
    Raw - https://web.archive.org/web/20150629...cross4_raw.htm

Now onto the videos. Run #7 was my quickest run but I hit a cone coming around the sweeper and it didn't count. The first event I didn't hit a single cone but I tried cutting the corners a little tighter this time and only had two clean runs out of seven. Lol.

Last edited by SX4rocious; July 10th, 2015 at 03:26 PM.

Run #6 was my quickest clean run. After reviewing my data logs I discovered that my boost level was only at 12 PSI. I recently learned that by default it goes to the first set point each time the car is started. I think I can change this but I need to read the manual. Although it may not be a bad idea to have the lower boost setting by default.

I don't know if there is any interest in viewing the datalogs but the logs for both runs are below.

Run #7.ZDL
    Run #7.CSV
    Run #6.ZDL
    Run #6.CSV

Looked like fun! I like the fact that you showed the WRXs that the driver makes the difference!

I guess you used 2nd the whole race other than the start?
    #1 2011 SX4 Crossover MT (Tech pkg), Sunlight Copper, RRO lift/shock relo, K&N, 215R70-16
    #2 2011 SX4 Crossover MT (Tech pkg), Sunlight Copper, K&N, Suzuki custom wheels

Quote Originally Posted by poston View Post
    Looked like fun!

plus one
    definitely looks like fun
    2012 SX4 Crossover 6sp Tech

Looks awesome!
    2009 MT, 17x8 Drag DR-38, General G-Max AS03, Eibach Pro Kit, Koni Yellows Rear, RRM Rear Sway, RRM CAI, RRM Piggy, RRM Pulley, Magnaflow 14210, Primitive Skids, Rally Armor Flaps, Hella Horns, Lathe Werks Shift Knob, All Synthetic Oils

Damn good driving Schultzey. I feel you and the sx4 make a really good combo for competitive driving/racing.
    AWD 2013. CVT. Beast (RIP 2019)
    AWD 2013 6 speed Monster (stay tuned)

Quote Originally Posted by poston View Post
    Looked like fun! I like the fact that you showed the WRXs that the driver makes the difference!

I guess you used 2nd the whole race other than the start?
    Yep I was able to stay in second for nearly the whole duration of the course. You scrub a lot of speed trying to make some of the tight turns and first gear is too low to go back to.

Quote Originally Posted by Samus View Post
    Damn good driving Schultzey. I feel you and the sx4 make a really good combo for competitive driving/racing.
    Thanks. I am making improvements. There were some mistakes made but with additional practice and dialing the car in I think I can continue to drop my times. This was only my second autox event so there is a lot to learn. I don't know how competitive I could be within strict rules for car class of an organization like SCCA. I like the ORPCA because I am grouped into NPA - Non Porshe AWD no matter what mods I have done.