Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ORPCA Autocross #3 at PIR 5-17-15

ORPCA Autocross #3 at PIR 5-17-15

Last weekend I was finally able to make it to my first autocross event. The weather was awesome and it was a great day. I was able to get 7 runs in and my times greatly improved from where I started. With some additional experience and adjustments to the car I know I will be able to improve upon my time further. It was a lot of fun and I look forward to the next event. The overall results from the event can be seen at https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/file...cross3_raw.htm.

As far as photos go I only have one picture of my car taken by Running Rich Photography. Pictures of other cars at the event can be seen at http://www.running-rich.com/Track-Ra...oX-3-05172015/.

I did however capture video with my Go Pros. I think next time I will hook up an external mic so the sound of the Go Pro rattling inside the case isn't heard.

Nice driving man! Short but sweet video. You can hear the turbo whine at the end!
    AWD 2013. CVT. Beast (RIP 2019)
    AWD 2013 6 speed Monster (stay tuned)

I don't think that's the GoPro rattling. It sounds more like the tires picking small rocks.

Awesome video! Good to see another SX4 in action.
    "It's kind of like having a harem. It's really expensive and WAY overkill, but how much fun is it to brag to your friends that you have one?"
    SX4-Turbo @ 11psi

Nice!
    2009 MT, 17x8 Drag DR-38, General G-Max AS03, Eibach Pro Kit, Koni Yellows Rear, RRM Rear Sway, RRM CAI, RRM Piggy, RRM Pulley, Magnaflow 14210, Primitive Skids, Rally Armor Flaps, Hella Horns, Lathe Werks Shift Knob, All Synthetic Oils

Thanks all. I am hoping to do a HPDE in the near future but autocross has been great to give the car a good shakedown and also gain familiarity with the car and learn car control. The seven short runs definitely leaves you wanting more.

The audio tracks from both Go Pros were blended together. I tried to reduce some of the excess noise with filters as best as I could figure out with my limited video editing knowledge. The front camera was definitely worse for camera rattle than the one in the car. The volume from the front camera was reduced a lot as well.

Very nice indeed..
    How hard can it be?

Cool!
    Matt in Selah (near Yakima) WA
    '09 AWD SX4, '16 6.7L Power Stroke Super Duty Crew Cab 4x4 - 860 lb ft torque!, '74 Ford Bronco

Looks like a blast, one of these days I got to fond some time to do one of these events.

It was! I strongly suggest trying to make it out to a local event. My only regret is not being able to attend previous events.

Schultz, any plans on taking it out and stretching its legs on a proper roadcourse? I'd love to see video of that. Remember I now have to live vicariously through you and midnight's SX4 turbo exploits. 😁
    "It's kind of like having a harem. It's really expensive and WAY overkill, but how much fun is it to brag to your friends that you have one?"
    SX4-Turbo @ 11psi