Thread: Hypermiling, kinda

Hypermiling, kinda

With gas prices being what they are my lead foot seems to have lost some weight and I'm starting to get some decent mileage as a result. I'm avoiding jackrabbit starts, rolling onto the throttle, never using more than 50% or so throttle, and shifting at 3k. Basically just driving like a normal human. I'm now seeing low 30s on my regular commute which is 3/4 highway, and that's with a/c on. I definitely noticed a dip in mileage when using 10% ethanol fuel so now she's on a strict diet of 87 octane, no corn squeezings.

What's everyone else doing to cope with inflated fuel costs?
    '09 SX4 AWD 5-spd Technology Copper Sunlight Metallic - RIP
    '15 Ford Fiesta ST Tuxedo Black, Stage 2+ E30 tuned
    '09 SX4 AWD 5-spd Touring Copper Sunlight Metallic - v2.0

Go easy on pedal, avoid braking, coast when possible ... problem is my zuki does a lot of short trips so not much relief on mileage.
    2010 sx4 JX AWD

No change.
    '13 Suzuki SX4 6spd AWD/ '84 Buick Regal turbo/'84 Isuzu Impulse/'66 Crown Corvair/'66 Buick Riviera GS/'65 Corvair turbo

I try to be as efficient as possible when on the highway (which means I avoid braking as much as possible and scan far ahead so I don't have to slow down too much).

This car is a dog so in the city I giv'er every chance I get. It costs me what it costs me for gas. I spend more on my ZR1 but that car is more fun and effortless to go fast.
    10 SX4 6sp AWD, 17 CX-3 AWD
    19 Corvette ZR1
    09 Z06 (gone), 13 Shelby GT500 (gone)