Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The '13 SX4 HB

The '13 SX4 HB

'13 Suzuki SX4 6spd AWD/ '84 Buick Regal turbo/'84 Isuzu Impulse/'66 Crown Corvair/'66 Buick Riviera GS/'65 Corvair turbo

Good looking zuk there.

There must be something special about the orange ones. For some reason it seems like most of the SX4s still around are that same color. I bought a second SX4 after a 6 year absence, same orange color as my first, much to my wife's chagrin lol. She obviously has poor taste, she married me afterall.
    '09 SX4 AWD 5-spd Technology Copper Sunlight Metallic - RIP
    '15 Ford Fiesta ST Tuxedo Black, Stage 2+ E30 tuned
    '09 SX4 AWD 5-spd Touring Copper Sunlight Metallic - v2.0

Had been looking at several in my own state that were white, blue, gray before I locked in the orange one. This one had all options with the Tech pack definitely the right way to go.
    '13 Suzuki SX4 6spd AWD/ '84 Buick Regal turbo/'84 Isuzu Impulse/'66 Crown Corvair/'66 Buick Riviera GS/'65 Corvair turbo

I have the history of this car, I'm the third owner. First buyer had it for 110k miles sold it to 2nd owner. That person had it for 39k miles. It had 141K on it the day I bought it.
    The only reason I can tell it was ever sold from owner 2: steering wheel controls inoperable, shift cable clip grip is weak.
    Everything works on the machine as it should, a new or used clockspring will bring the steering wheels buttons back.
    After the first time the shift cable popped off on me and I repaired it I can tell it had happened a few times in the past ownership.

I have a solution for the less than great hold the stock shift cable clips have. I'll post that up when finished.

Looks nice ! congrats and enjoy ur sx4 .... if there is 1 regret I have about my sx4 is not getting the copper / orange colour .... i was so close to getting it but settled for grey
    2010 sx4 JX AWD

Thanks, the grey is nice.

Picked up a spare engine ecu to get tuned for this. I researched a lot and learned that no one in US or Asia produces poly bushings for this platform. Found out that the bushings I was after are shared with the Swift and was able to shop that way. Russia got my $$ this time but Superpro in Australia was the only other option. I've used Superpro bushes in my Impulse, they have great quality but the price for the SX4 parts was too much for only 2 vs what a paid Siberian Bushings kit with 4 bushes.
    Ordered Amsoil gear oil to service the transmission, last week I swapped out the stock original spark plugs for Ruthenium NGK plugs.
    Ripping this machine around everyday

Those siberian busings used to be on Amazon. I had them "saved for later" but they're not available there anymore.

Are you doing upgrades as you get them, in stages, or saving it all for one big build?

2.4 swap?
    '09 SX4 AWD 5-spd Technology Copper Sunlight Metallic - RIP
    '15 Ford Fiesta ST Tuxedo Black, Stage 2+ E30 tuned
    '09 SX4 AWD 5-spd Touring Copper Sunlight Metallic - v2.0

I have a lot of machines to service so when I get a part it usually goes on solo unless it's a major upgrade.
    2.4L swap is interesting, located a whole Kisashi 6spd for the right $$. Just a thought right now haha.
    The rear front bushing has been blown since I bought and I see that one takes the brunt of the stress. Definitely getting poly bushings in those spots was the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Die trying View Post
    There must be something special about the orange ones. For some reason it seems like most of the SX4s still around are that same color.
    I think it was just a popular color for the times. I have seen one other orange one here apart from mine, a black one, a white one and a gray one (so far). My personal preference is the orange although I do like the silver one and black one too.
    2009 SX4 AWD hatch, auto, 2.0L. JX model I think.