Thread: Transmission cooler lines?

Transmission cooler lines?

I have a 2011 SX4 SE with the CVT transmission and one of the lines going to the transmission cooler in front of the radiator is leaking at the clamp in front. Does anyone have any idea what part # these lines are or where I might be able to find one? They look like molded lines, so I'd rather get OEM replacements, but I fear I may have to just get some generic ATF line and cut to fit. Also, I haven't looked underneath to see where/how these connect to the transmission, so I'm hoping it's just a clamp there as well.

On a related note, I can't find an owner's manual and we bought the car used, so should the trans fluid level be done on just a warm engine/flat surface or while car is running?

There is no time/mileage indication about the CVT fluid: just Inspect for quality. CVT FLUID (at time of publicATION) : Suzuki GREEN-1 or SHELL GREEN-1V .
    CVT7.jpg
    maintenance.jpg
    Last edited by LMP; January 14th, 2022 at 10:04 AM.
    2011 sx4 JX AWD CVT 42000km(Feb2022) Also drives 2015 KIA Sorento AWD 2.4

Quote Originally Posted by LMP View Post
    There is no time/mileage indication about the CVT fluid: just Inspect for quality. CVT FLUID (at time of publicATION) : Suzuki GREEN-1 or SHELL GREEN-1V .
    CVT7.jpg
    maintenance.jpg
    Ugh that's like the Subaru CVTs. They have no service recommendations. From what I gather many owners go my the Euro subaru service interval recommendations. Probably not a bad idea to service the CVT while you're at it.
    '09 SX4 AWD 5-spd Technology Copper Sunlight Metallic - RIP
    '15 Ford Fiesta ST Tuxedo Black, Stage 2+ E30 tuned
    '09 SX4 AWD 5-spd Touring Copper Sunlight Metallic - v2.0

Any ideas on where to get the transmission cooler lines? They are formed ones, but can't find a part number or find anything related in various parts places I've checked.

You'll be okay using bulk hose of the same inside diameter and good worm clamps. Just make sure to secure the lines so they aren't rubbing on anything or moving around after you replace them.

Maybe late, but i have the same problem. Turn out the rubber line is fine, its where the line goes into (sorry bad english) on the cooler that is worn. Strange metal that seems to degrate with the years. I cuted that metal elbow and installed the line on it, now the line is hooked vertically.

But to be anal, i want a new cooler, nowhere to be found (980$ on suzuki page), and look like they all are the same.

Does anybody knows what equivalent we can put there? (hyundai, kia etc)

thanks