Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Motorsport Tech Wheel Adapters, Spacers, and Hub Rings

Quote Originally Posted by MotorsportTech View Post
    Hey ClubSX4,

Just checking in, hope you guys are having a rad summer! Let me know if you need anything!
    Glad you checked in and LOVE the fact that you still make parts for us.... I'm really interested in a set, but not in a big hurry as we are ONCE AGAIN waiting to hear some information on my wife's contract at her work....
    Yes, that is, in fact, a Squirrel driving a Ferrari...

Well we will be here! Hope it all works out for you guys!

Thanks for the PM's and orders guys. Let us know if you have the itch to widen your stance before the winter!

i bought the car with wheel spacers already on the car. I was worried about the bearings. I am not sure if they are hubcentric. is there anyway to know if they are or not? also i noticed a bit of vibration over 80 miles an hour on the highway. i think this is do to the spacers. thoughts?

If you pull a wheel off & the spacer fits snug on the hub, it is a hub centric spacer. If it moves it is not & could be your vibration. You could also have a slightly bent wheel. Have the bal checked & ask if you can watch or tell them you suspect a bad tire or wheel. Some shops have people that will look at the tire & wheel spin & some don't look. Or if you put your vehicle up on jack stands & run it in gear & look at the wheels & tires. A slight movement is ok, but if you see a definite change, there is a problem with your spacer (if you have not checked them out first), tire or wheel. Hope this helps

Toby
    2012 SX4 6spd manual, 215-65-16's, 2001 Durango, 1999 Harley Ultra Classic

Quote Originally Posted by twistedcherokee View Post
    If you pull a wheel off & the spacer fits snug on the hub, it is a hub centric spacer. If it moves it is not & could be your vibration. You could also have a slightly bent wheel. Have the bal checked & ask if you can watch or tell them you suspect a bad tire or wheel. Some shops have people that will look at the tire & wheel spin & some don't look. Or if you put your vehicle up on jack stands & run it in gear & look at the wheels & tires. A slight movement is ok, but if you see a definite change, there is a problem with your spacer (if you have not checked them out first), tire or wheel. Hope this helps

Toby
    yes thanks. i will start there. when i talked to the guy who sold it to me he said it was the tire. but i will start with your suggestions. thnks.

Quote Originally Posted by keviiinn View Post
    Here's the before and after for what I did, 20mm front, 25mm back.

Kevin, Do you still run these wheel spacers? How is it when the car is fully loaded? Does the car get dirtier with road spray now that the wheels are wider than the mud flaps?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post
    Kevin, Do you still run these wheel spacers? How is it when the car is fully loaded? Does the car get dirtier with road spray now that the wheels are wider than the mud flaps?

Thanks.
    Yes I'm still running these adapters. I've noticed nothing negative in terms of rubbing or ride quality. the rears of our cars sit high enough on the stock ride height that even fully loaded, the tires don't even come close to rubbing anywhere when going over bumps or anything. when I moved last year, my car was fully loaded and then some and handled the potholes and bumps of NYC like a champ.

I do think there was more road spray splashed up though with the wheels sitting further out.
    2013 SX4 Crossover w/ Tech, CVT, Pearl White

I apologize for bumping a 3 year old post, but just wanted to inform everyone that the 10% discount still applies when you call-in to Motorsport Tech for your wheel spacers / adapters. It was an easy transaction and Lenny was very nice/helpful. I got the same setup as Kevin; 20mm front, 25mm rear. Lenny said it should take about 7-10 days to be completed as they are made-to-order.

I'd be willing to do a second thread and/or add onto Kevin's thread on my experience with this setup as well if you guys are still interested!
    2009 AWD | MT

Congrats! You'll love the way that the car sits with that setup. With the offset of the stock wheels, it's perfect.
    2013 SX4 Crossover w/ Tech, CVT, Pearl White