Thread: Toyota 6.5Jx16 +45mm offset wheels

Toyota 6.5Jx16 +45mm offset wheels

Has anybody had any experience running these with the stock tire size? Can you report on any rubbing or issues from doing so? I'm trying to scrounge up a set of steel wheels for summer tires, and I've got a lead on a set from a second-gen Scion xB. The center bore and PCD are the same, but they're a half inch wider and 5mm less offset than stock.

Given the other options listed here, I'd suspect that these wheels should work, but I'd love to hear if anybody has experience with them, positive or negative.

Thanks!
    2010 SX4 Hatch, bought 2021-02 w/81K miles. Vermont, USA

I can say not about these exactly, but i run jeep wheels that are an inch wider than that, with even less offset with no issues.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nobutter69 View Post
    I can say not about these exactly, but i run jeep wheels that are an inch wider than that, with even less offset with no issues.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    If you're running those, I suspect I'll probably get away with the Toyota/Scion wheels. Sadly, shipping on that set was prohibitive.

Thanks!

EDITED TO ADD:

I might end up with a set of wheels from a Jeep Patriot; there's a set nearby. Fingers crossed!
    Last edited by juror; April 21st, 2021 at 08:58 AM.

If your Jeep Patriot wheels don't work and you want to go back to the Toyota wheel you first posted about you can run them with NO issue. I run 16x6.5" Mazda 3 steel wheels for winter driving and they are +50 so basically you are just moving the front of the wheel 5mm more toward the fender and away from the strut, TONS of room to do that no problem on that size wheel.

https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.ph...6-5&offset2=45

Tony
    Last edited by Cman; November 27th, 2021 at 05:39 AM.
    10 SX4 6sp AWD, 17 CX-3 AWD
    19 Corvette ZR1
    09 Z06 (gone), 13 Shelby GT500 (gone)

First off: thanks to everybody who weighed in or posted elsewhere that I ran across in my searching.

Second: Oh man, what perfect timing! Since I never closed the loop on this (shame on me), here we go:

I did end up getting the Patriot wheels for $80. They fit well with a set of hub-centric rings (maybe another $25 shipped?). They've got a 38mm offset, which is 12mm less per side/24mm (~1") less overall track. I suppose that could be a bit of a minus if you autocross or track your SX-4, but I drive pretty placidly (gas mileage :-/), and I've kept the shiny side up all summer.

I just put the factory wheels with winter tires back on today, having waited possibly two days two long: it rained yesterday and we got our first accumulation of snow overnight (100mm/4", or thereabouts). I have neither a garage nor a paved (or particularly level) driveway.

The original plan when we bought the SX-4 was to keep the Civic until the end of summer, and then send it along its way at around 250,000 miles. Even with a set of snows (the last set of tires we planned to put on the car), the Civic managed about 35mpg - 37 mpg on my commute. The SX-4 manages 30mpg-32mpg (all-seasons, which are summer tires in our case). All numbers by the odometer and gas pump, not the computer. Unfortunately, we may not have been specific enough about which end of the summer we planned to keep the Civic until. It blew the head gasket in early June. We sold it for $300 to two guys who are going to strip it, cage it, bore it out 0.050", and race it :-)

Accordingly, I've been putting all my miles on the Suzuki. I've been pretty pleased, though I'll allow that it's somewhat less torquey than the Civic (something I never thought I'd say about any car, ever). There are a couple of hills that I could manage in 5th/45mph in the Civic that are strictly 4th/just about maintains 40 mph in the SX-4. Despite that, it remains an absolute trip to drive, plus it's such a happy-looking little car. I couldn't be more tickled to have picked it up in Feburary-ish before used car prices went skyrocketing.