Thread: Engine noise help

Engine noise help

Hello I have a 2007 base sx4 and I have an engine noise that I canít figure out what it is. It sounds like itís coming from the top passenger side of the engine and that sound is still there when the serpentine belt is off. Is there anyway I could upload a video of the sound I have or an audio version so somebody that knows more than I could help solve what it is? Itís kind of sounds like metal rubbing/slipping on metal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WizStick View Post
    Hello I have a 2007 base sx4 and I have an engine noise that I canít figure out what it is. It sounds like itís coming from the top passenger side of the engine and that sound is still there when the serpentine belt is off. Is there anyway I could upload a video of the sound I have or an audio version so somebody that knows more than I could help solve what it is? Itís kind of sounds like metal rubbing/slipping on metal.

If this isnít the right place to ask this can somebody let me know and tell me where to put it. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by WizStick View Post
    If this isn’t the right place to ask this can somebody let me know and tell me where to put it. Thank you.

Can you post a video of the sound? Do you have an engine light or codes to share? What motor domyou have j20 or m16?
    AWD 2013. CVT. Beast (RIP 2019)
    AWD 2013 6 speed Monster (stay tuned)

Quote Originally Posted by Samus View Post
    Can you post a video of the sound? Do you have an engine light or codes to share? What motor domyou have j20 or m16?
    J20. No codes. And I donít know how to post a video. If I could post it it would be a lot easier