Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What would you replace an SX4 with today in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMcC View Post
    Since Suzuki has left the US, I'm curious as to what you would replace an SX4 AWD if you had to buy something new to replace it today.
    I'm thinking in terms of size, AWD, performance, cargo capacity etc.
    The Kia Seltos is similar: center diff lock, available AWD, available 1.6L turbo w/175hp, 195 ft-lb.

Trail Attack custom concept caught my eye: 2" lift = 9" clearance, winch, aux lights, roof rack

temp.jpg (Click to enlarge)

Probably never see it at the dealer though.
    #1 2011 SX4 Crossover MT (Tech pkg), Sunlight Copper, RRO lift/shock relo, K&N, 215R70-16
    #2 2011 SX4 Crossover MT (Tech pkg), Sunlight Copper, K&N, Suzuki custom wheels

Saw a seltos out in the wild yesterday and it does look good. Bigger than the sx4 .... hope the trail version comes to production
    2010 sx4 JX AWD

Saw this about the Seltos, Disappointing ! All those trail versions are marketing BS. Transmission overheats when the going gets tough.
    Definitely does not look sx4 worthy with regards to off road capability

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORh5iQn4nXU
    2010 sx4 JX AWD

Quote Originally Posted by vhercules View Post
    Saw this about the Seltos, Disappointing ! All those trail versions are marketing BS. Transmission overheats when the going gets tough.
    Definitely does not look sx4 worthy with regards to off road capability

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORh5iQn4nXU
    Agree, that's pathetic. Although we didn't see what kind of abuse they put it through off-camera.
    #1 2011 SX4 Crossover MT (Tech pkg), Sunlight Copper, RRO lift/shock relo, K&N, 215R70-16

Quote Originally Posted by CF7 View Post
    May be 2021 we will get the awd.

Otherwise, there are not many choices out there in terms of reliability.
    I am biased from my experiences.
    I won,t touch another Korean car ever.
    No to Nissan, I had one with Annual exhaust system change. brake as well.
    Big three is not my list.
    Subaru oil burning engine is quite expensive to operate.
    New Mazda may be but Mazda is similar to Ford in reliability.
    I agree with you in general except your opinion of Nissan. I have owned 2 Altima's, 1 Sentra and 1 Versa; they were fairly reliable, nothing other than normal maintenance. Your lot sample of 1 vehicle is too small to make a proper assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by chiboy View Post
    I agree with you in general except your opinion of Nissan. I have owned 2 Altima's, 1 Sentra and 1 Versa; they were fairly reliable, nothing other than normal maintenance. Your lot sample of 1 vehicle is too small to make a proper assessment.
    I was always prejudiced against Nissan too, ever since my mom owned a POS Datsun B-210, but I bought a 2015 Nissan Xterra and it has been one of our best vehicles ever, in a long line of Toyotas, plus 3 Suzukis.

All Nissans aren't crap.

This car needs to come to North America

The perfect replacement for SX4 is this car and needs to be available in North America:

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/toyota/gr-yaris

https://youtu.be/LUtwFtBXiYI

Quote Originally Posted by Cman View Post
    The perfect replacement for SX4 is this car and needs to be available in North America:

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/toyota/gr-yaris
    Sounds awesome!!! But at $45,000 with the Circuit Pack (mech diffs front & rear!), and no usable rear seat, I don't think this is an SX4.

Maybe with new WRC rules about the base production cars, more companies will give us something more rally-like. I didn't see a date on the article.

The car is new, came out early 2020 some owners in EU got theirs around the summer or so.

Yeah, I wouldn't think this is an exact replacement for a SX4 in terms of if you need the interior room for people sitting in the back or hatch space (yes it is small) but I don't have an issue with that at all. To get 260hp and 2xx torque, full AWD with different torque splits, 6MT this car is kickass.

I at first had a problem with it being a boosted 3 cyl. and costing what it might cost if it came over here but after seeing a few more vids I think it's worth the price. Anything you buy new now is going to be in the mid $30's approaching $40k. This car will be near that or higher for its size and that sounds nuts but again nothing in the category can really touch it. It weighs about 2800 lbs and has the MT most of us want and actually handles (also has forged wheels, torsen diffs (circuit pack) and massive brakes for the size of car). Cars that might compete with it (like the AWD Mazda 3) is only auto and AWD is computer controlled (you mostly run in FWD mode then ECU determines what torque goes to rear based on conditions) and will be much heavier.

Other than interior space this car does it all, 1 more vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaIkicJnQlY