Thread: The Yeti Offroad SX4 Build

The Yeti Offroad SX4 Build

Hey Guys,

Some of you might remember... I've actually lifted this SX4 before for about 20,000 miles back when it was my wife's car... Back then she wanted me to stop taking her car offroad... so I took the lift off the white SX4 and bought the Grey SX4 to put the lift on. The Grey one was awesome, but is now sold and now that she has put another 100k miles on it, has given me the white SX4.. so of course its time to lift it again!

I'll post my build here...

Its a 2008 Suzuki SX4 Hatchback with an Automatic.
    It has 198k miles and it is time for a few maintenance items to happen.
    I found a great deal on some used 2019 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S 215/75R15 tires so I bought 5 of them. Its not lifted yet.. so they rub.

More to come... this will be fun!
    2008 SX4 Hatchback Automatic

With the chubbier tires.. I decided to go test them out on a couple trails. As always, when we got to the ice caves, we parked by jeeps and broncos and got weird looks... Like how did you get out here in that?

Last edited by josh_sx4; May 4th, 2020 at 12:27 PM.

Looking forward to this thread .... your past build was fun and I am sure this one will be too ! WOW 198k miles
    2010 sx4 JX AWD

Doing the Kanook lift.. we have learned before to cut these lips down as we don't want them to contact the metal down inside the pillow mount.

Below, I always weld the upper and lower plate together to make them more solid and reduce the possibility of clanking

One side ready to go! Note the paint color did change.. I ran out of black paint, so silver will have to do.

The decided to replace the old strut.. because it was old. The old strut wouldn't even extend

Last edited by josh_sx4; May 12th, 2020 at 09:04 AM.

Finally got the lift installed and fixed a rear axle seal.. so glad to have no more rubbing!