Thread: 2007 sx4 won't idle after battery disconnect

2007 sx4 won't idle after battery disconnect

Hi everyone! I just bought an 07 sx4 manual for 900$ with a couple issues. The main issue right now is it won't idle. It idled when I bought it, but low, about 500 rpms. I disconnected the battery to do a couple things and now it will not idle, just dies. I did the truffl throttle body reset procedure with a snap on scanner but that didn't help. Put 100 miles on it with no improvement. I've ragmany threads but none have helped me so far. Cleaned throttle body, new plugs, pcv, and air filter. Any ideas?

Location. engine type, trim, odometer (miles or km)
    2011 sx4 JX AWD CVT 37000km(Oct2019) Also drives 2015 KIA Sorento AWD 2.4

Quote Originally Posted by LMP View Post
    Location. engine type, trim, odometer (miles or km)

Pennsylvania, 2.0, trim irrelevent, 200k miles.

since you do not have history of the car.
    for a 200k miles
    Check fuel pump pressure. may need filter or whoke pump. check forum. very detail.on pump.

Check battery and alternator.
    What kind of spark spark? iridium?

With a Snap On scanner, you can get more info than any of us.
    2007AWD auto.212k km..K/N air filter,AUXinput,Grp34size Battery
    Fixes..alternator,swybarlnk,cntrlarm,innertierod,P wiperarm,Rexhaustjnt,Raxleseals,Ujoints,idler,tens ioner pulleys.

Thank you for responding. Unfortunately the scanner isn't telling us much. Iridium plugs, not new, but not very worn out and they are properly gapped. I will check fuel pressure.

It would idle, disconnected battery for 20 minutes. Then she wouldn't idle even after throttle body relearn procedure. So weird.

few more things you can try.
    cleaning MAP sensor. check if connector any problem. tgreads in forum.

remove air filter to see if idle improves. cheap filters may be less less air flow. do you still have old filter?..

TB ... how is butter flap moves when you flip it open? smooth? when you clean the flap. the end posts needs a good spray as well.

enter your location in profile and signature so we could guess better environmental factor.

edit: since it is 200k mikes car. theCat may be clogged a bit.
    Last edited by CF7; March 25th, 2020 at 05:48 PM.
    2007AWD auto.212k km..K/N air filter,AUXinput,Grp34size Battery
    Fixes..alternator,swybarlnk,cntrlarm,innertierod,P wiperarm,Rexhaustjnt,Raxleseals,Ujoints,idler,tens ioner pulleys.