Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pothole deployed left side airbags, curtain & Seat belts

Pothole deployed left side airbags, curtain & Seat belts

Hi guys, It is very difficult to find information about this amazing vehicle in Bolivia, my left front tire fell into a pothole, my insurance will take care of the repair, I need help in spare parts quotes. 3 Left airbags, 2 front seat belts, SDM module and I don't know if I need to replace side impact sensor (scanning does not detect error).
    If someone can help me, please send me information
    2012 Suzuki SX4 AWD, 6MT, base grade
    Enviado desde mi EML-AL00 mediante Tapatalk
    Last edited by Pavelmecu; February 23rd, 2020 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Mistake

It will be helpful if we know your model..Sport ir hatch? awd or fwd.. year. etc.

Airbags is quite expensive here. You might be able to get it in junk yard.

use PM. (private message) instead of posting your email address for privacy and security.
    2007AWD auto.212k km..K/N air filter,AUXinput,Grp34size Battery
    Fixes..alternator,swybarlnk,cntrlarm,innertierod,P wiperarm,Rexhaustjnt,Raxleseals,Ujoints,idler,tens ioner pulleys.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavelmecu View Post
    Pothole deployed left side airbags, curtain & Seat belts..my left front tire fell into a pothole, my insurance will take care of the repair, ..
    I would think some attention must be paid to that left front wheel and suspension components, alignment.......
    2011 sx4 JX AWD CVT 37000km(Oct2019) Also drives 2015 KIA Sorento AWD 2.4

Thank's, after visual inspection I see no damage, only driver door not fully aligned

Quote Originally Posted by Pavelmecu View Post
    Thank's, after visual inspection I see no damage, only driver door not fully aligned
    This is a difficult one. I have a really hard time believing that the entire chassis did not get tweaked if you hit a hole big enough to set off air bags. The door not aligning with the body anymore is a telltale sign.

Its not as though the car cannot be used and driven ever again, but... damn.

I would guess that in Bolivia, the automotive culture does not freak out about a chassis being a little bent. In the United States, there are far too many paranoid people who would never drive it again out of fear of....????

Wow I came here to search for airbag info and see this post. Same thing happened to me March 25th 2020. Hit BIG holes in road. Three airbags went off on left side. Curtain left, drivers seat, panel in back seat behind left door, drivers seatbelt screwed. No collision insurance so not covered. Car is fine except for the airbags but its a write-off unless I can fix the airbags. Pro collision shop quotes near $9000 estimate to fix. I figure car is worth somewhere $6000 - 7000 but worth more to me as its in perfect shape except for that. No otther damage. The seat air bag left a burn or something on back of arm from elbow to near shoulder.

I was able to remove drivers curtain airbag, seat airbag and seatbelt. I have NOT YET been able to remove the rear airbag that comes out of a little panel. I did get one lower screw/bolt from that one but not the top one ... can't see it. I don't know what else I would need to replace ... sensors? Local salvage yard does have seat airbag, curtain airbag, and seatbelt. Could prob get the rear airbag if I went and took it out myself ... not sure. I hate to spend money at salvage yard and then still not be able to get the airbag system working/activated again .... that would be a waste. I need to fix cheaply else scrap car I suppose.

2011 SX4 hatchback JX. Maybe I should have started a new 'thread' ... not sure whats proper in that regard.
    2011 SX4 JX Hatchback, AWD CV auto, 180,000 km

Have you grap a copy of th SX4 manual from this forum.

Section 8 detailed all the AirBags etc.

also make sure you get the Suzuki Airbags instead of from Tanaka etc..(Honda's).

The panel one on tHe side of chair got a hex nut in the manual.
    Last edited by CF7; March 31st, 2020 at 08:29 AM.
    Fixes..alternator,swybarlnk,cntrlarm,innertierod,P wiperarm,Rexhaustjnt,Raxleseals,Ujoints,idler,tens ioner pulleys.

Quote Originally Posted by CF7 View Post
    Have you grap a copy of th SX4 manual from this forum.

Section 8 detailed all the AirBags etc.

also make sure you get the Suzuki Airbags instead of from Tanaka etc..(Honda's).

The panel one on tHe side of chair got a hex nut in the manual.
    Thanks CF7. I will get manual and check Sec 8 for details. Great!

also, I think the A1 suzuki obd2 app (free) with a bluetooth scanner has a section on airbag. I think it can reset sensor.

there is a thread in torum on this tool. but get the genuine bt scanner.. othetwise it won,t work.

add km in your signature so we fonzt have to guess or ask.

let us know how you work out.

Quote Originally Posted by CF7 View Post
    also, I think the A1 suzuki obd2 app (free) with a bluetooth scanner has a section on airbag. I think it can reset sensor.

there is a thread in torum on this tool. but get the genuine bt scanner.. othetwise it won,t work.

add km in your signature so we fonzt have to guess or ask.

let us know how you work out.
    I did see thread about android app SZ Viewer (googleplay link) so I installed it. I figured this thing on amazon would work so ordered it. Should I cancel that order? Can you tell me or point to link on what the genuine bt scanner is? ... Or maybe I have the right one? If no one sure on this thing I ordered, then I guess I'll let you all know if it works

I did add km to sig ... thanks for the help. I need all I can get.
    EDIT: I do have Bluedriver and its good for OBD2 only on Suzuki
    Last edited by boberak; March 31st, 2020 at 01:15 PM.