Thread: Toolkit contents - anything to add to my toolkit?

Toolkit contents - anything to add to my toolkit?

Hi everyone,

As I bought my SX4 second hand (more like third hand), I don't have the typical toolkit/tool roll that comes with it (if they even still do that with cars nowadays?).

I'm in the process of gathering basics bits (spanner set, screw drivers, pliers etc) but was wondering if anyone knows of any specific things I should add in? Like weird or specific sized spanners/socket, things you wished your toolkit had or have added based on past experience.

Thanks!
    2008 2.0L 4WD Hatch, 5spd Manual
    ~120,000km
    Sydney, AUS

Quote Originally Posted by gananan View Post
    ... I don't have the typical toolkit/tool roll that comes with it (if they even still do that with cars nowadays?)...
    I do not remember of a tool kit for any of the cars I had (except the jack and wheel lug bar) . But my Kawa EX250 motorcycle did come with the box for spark plugs...ahh...my Ski-Doo too.
    ALl other tools are in my garage....
    2011 sx4 JX AWD CVT 37000km(Oct2019) Also drives 2015 KIA Sorento AWD 2.4

Quote Originally Posted by LMP View Post
    I do not remember of a tool kit for any of the cars I had (except the jack and wheel lug bar) . But my Kawa EX250 motorcycle did come with the box for spark plugs...ahh...my Ski-Doo too.
    ALl other tools are in my garage....
    From my experiences, I always thought it was standard, but haven't seen many on late model vehicles. My last car (a 1993 mazda 121 / demio) had a tool roll, as did my family's various 90s Fords. I too had/have a kawa EX250 which came with a small tool roll. All of these basic kits have come in handy in various roadside occurrences. Hell, even my regular toolkit has a Toyota branded pair of pliers which my father salvaged from his 4runner kit back in the day haha.

LMP, would it be safe to assume your 2011 didn't have a toolkit?
    2008 2.0L 4WD Hatch, 5spd Manual
    ~120,000km
    Sydney, AUS

Quote Originally Posted by gananan View Post
    F... would it be safe to assume your 2011 didn't have a toolkit?
    No tool kit...
    2011 sx4 JX AWD CVT 37000km(Oct2019) Also drives 2015 KIA Sorento AWD 2.4