Thread: Sentimental SX4

Sentimental SX4

Hello everyone,

I'm the new owner of an 09 SX4 hatch. The car was originally my Mom's. She bought it new when I recommended it to her as she lived on a dirt road that often got a lot of snow and slippery conditions. She absolutely loved the Suzuki and every time I saw her in it it would make me smile. Did I mention its a manual transmission? Cool mom.

Sadly we lost Mom in 2018. When she passed my siblings and I decided my brother should take the car as he needed one at that time and it really helped him out. Now, this past week I was able to over pay my brother for Mom's Suzuki so he could get a car that suited his family a little better.

It's a little bitter sweet getting in Mom's car but I intend to soak up all the memories and enjoy every minute. I've been lucky enough to have some nice cars but I'm truly looking forward to learning about the car and having fun with the community. I'm sure I'll do some mods for fun but I don't want to change it too much.

Forgive me in advance for any silly questions I may have and know that this little car already has a special place in my heart.

That's lovely. The SX4 has a lot of uniqueness, personality and charm, so your mother must have been a special person.
    2008 sx4 awd auto hatch touring

Quote Originally Posted by sx4mouse View Post
    That's lovely. The SX4 has a lot of uniqueness, personality and charm, so your mother must have been a special person.
    Thank you Mouse that was a nice thing to say. How long have you had your Sx4?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxxr1 View Post
    Thank you Mouse that was a nice thing to say. How long have you had your Sx4?
    I have a 2008 suzuki sx4 hatch that I bought in 2012.. I've learned so much from this forum and done a ton of upgrades, all fun.
    2008 sx4 awd auto hatch touring