Thread: SX4 2012 front cigarette lighter socket removal + USB

SX4 2012 front cigarette lighter socket removal + USB

Hey all,

a couple of questions - do you know if it is possible to remove the front cigarette lighter socket without pulling the trims off? I don't want to force it and I need to get something fixed on my wife's care quickly.

Secondly, what USB charge port solutions have you discovered for the front of these models? I want to be able to charge an iPad and/or phone but apart from the cig lighter socket - replacing it with a dual USB socket assembly - I cant see many opportunities to retrofit something else. Someone must have cracked the perfect solution!

cheers

This model...
    web_safe_sx4.jpg

Nice looking car! Page 11 of 'Schultzey's Turbo SX4' thread build has a sweet 'how to' on his USB port install.

To remove the cigarette lighter socket you need to remove the trim (the silver ones on the side + the black around the AC controls + radio) as its screwed from the back side.

For the USB charge port solution i have ordered this, once it arrives i will replace my cigarette lighter with the USB socket, its also illuminated red which is the same color as the rest of the dash.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3292...chweb201603_52

Hey thanks for the fast responses!

I think these two solutions are aimed at a USB data type of install. What I need is strictly a USB charge solution.

I can see now I have to take the centre trim panel out now, so I might concentrate on a simple, power fed USB charge port that will allow my wife to charge any of her iPads/iPhones etc.

Thank you though! Looks like an informative community here for sure.

Similar to this typ of thing and I will use the original power supply for it.

socket.jpg

socket1.jpg
    Last edited by Rec0n; October 8th, 2019 at 04:39 AM.