Thread: Will 16x6.5 wheels fit?

Will 16x6.5 wheels fit?

Hi Gang,

I'm currently looking at a set of 16x6.5 alloys with an offset of +47mm from a 2017 Mitsubishi Lancer ES to replace my current wheel set (not that I NEEEED to replace them, but it's a set of five wheels, they look good and I'm after a full sized spare). I understand the stock wheels are 16x6 with an off set of +50mm. Can anyone confirm if the 16x6.5 will fit ok with a stock suspension setup? Anyone else running something similar?

Online calculator (https://www.willtheyfit.com) tells me the rim will sit wider on either side (3.4mm inside and 9.4mm outside).

Keeping the stock 205/60/16 tyre size for now.

Thanks!

Yeah, you're good. I run 16x6.5" Mazda 3 wheels with the stock size tire for winter.

Tony
    10 SX4 6sp AWD, 17 CX-3 AWD
    09 Z06, 13 Shelby GT500 (gone)
    2019 Corvette ZR1

Awesome, thanks!

Just to add, since last week I have replaced my summer wheel/tire setup with my winter setup using the Mazda 3 steel wheels. I run hub rings on these wheels since I always want the wheels to be hub centric so as a suggestion find out what the hub bore is on the wheels you are buying to run and get a set of hub rings so you can hub centric mount these wheels to your SX4.

Tony

Yeah like Tony said above, you need to keep them hubcentric, so just hope that those Mitsubishi wheels have a hub bore atleast 60.1mm or larger (SX4 hub bore is 60.1). If they are smaller than that, they will not fit the SX4 unless you run some sort of additional adapter wheel spacers.

Width and offset look fine, even fairly conservative fit.

Those Mitsu wheels have a 67.1mm center bore so he's good to go once he gets hub rings to run them on the SX4. The Mazda steel wheels I run are also 67.1mm hub bore.