Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How to: Change diff fluid (AWD)

Confirmed myself - no limited slips. I will be installing this fluid next month.

After reading several forum threads on this same topic, it appears to me that the worse thing that happens is when someone tries to get "Creative" and put something in their gear boxes that is outside of what Suzuki specifies. After all, they built the dang thing and they should know what's going to work best.
    Read the Owner's Manual and use exactly what it says to use and nothing else and you'll not be trashing your 100k power train warranty.

Just a thought!

Five time Suzuki Owner: My last Suzuki= a 2009 SX4, X-Over, iAWD, AT, Tinted and striped

Quote Originally Posted by The Jesuit View Post
    Nice writeup, but I'll pass on anything that's labor intensive.....oh, and messy as well.
    Are you a woman?

jack i haven't seen you in so long! there is a theory that you and jesuit are the same person.
    '09 Suzuki SX4 AWD 5-spd Copper Sunlight Metallic - RIP
    '15 Ford Fiesta ST Tuxedo Black
    Stage 2+ E30 tuned by Panda Motorworks

that is inpossible. I am not a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Die trying View Post
    jack i haven't seen you in so long! there is a theory that you and jesuit are the same person.
    Like he's undercover. That's cool. The Jesuit, and evil clown mystery....
    "Remember, the toes you step on today may very well be attached to the *** you kiss tomorrow."~TJ

I'm not Jack Straw...I'm a fallen angel with beaucoup children, not a tranny clown.
    Last edited by The Jesuit; February 20th, 2011 at 10:57 AM.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher; if it's in English, thank a soldier.

Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno!

You know what, I have never changed anything but the oil and filter, and air cleaners in a previous Jeep CJ I had; OK, spark plugs too, and after 160,000+ miles, the damn thing still ran like a top; and I put that Jeep thru hell when I was young, dumb, and full of, of, of....ahhhh, pee and vinegar, and drove that puppy hard and recklessly in MOAB, on every beach that allowed 4x4's (and those that didn't), and 3 Jeep Jamborees. The CJ was stolen once, and recovered in a week, had a complete rollover in Utah, was washed only once (when I put it up for sale....still had about 30+ lbs of sand in it), and not once did the differentials fail me.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher; if it's in English, thank a soldier.

Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno!

Moab is my promised land. We stayed at a hostel there, drank the fine brews from the microbrewery (was it just moab brewery?) mmm

then Rubi tells me it's a mecca for 4 wheeling too,

Completed this last week. Super, super easy. I'm starting to rethink the choice of teflon tape though. Next time I'll definitely get a small tube of gasket goo or just use Hondabond. Best purchase though was the $7.99 pump (Adv Auto) that fit on the end of the Motul bottles. MUCH better than my old method of a funnel and really long hose - takes forever!