Thread: New Owner from Iowa

New Owner from Iowa

Just purchased a 2012 SX4 Crossover AWD last week due to headgasket issue on my Subbie. Noticed that the waterpump is starting to get a bearing squeek, does anyone know if AISEN makes a good pump for these? Also want to thank the person who wrote the How To on DRL disable.
    Last edited by steiny; March 19th, 2019 at 08:50 PM.
    2012 SX4 Crossover AWD
    Des Moines, IA USA

Aisin is probably the original equipment manufacturer. They are a big supplier of parts for all sorts of Asian vehicles. It is unlikely to not be the best pump that you can get.

Are you sure it is the pump making the noise and not some kind of pulley alignment issue? I think it is what I have going on, so I may be investing in a pulley alignment checking tool in the future.

I used a long hose and sprayed a light amount of silicone lubricant between the pully and the housing when the vehicle was turned off. Noise was completely gone for 4-5 days and slowly begin to reappear until sprayed again. I'm not looking forward to the tight area it has to be replaced in.
    2012 SX4 Crossover AWD
    Des Moines, IA USA

I am confident that the pump is going to be a bit of a pain to replace.

The real pisser is the power steering pump, as there are a couple bolts that are really tough to get to and will challenge your ability to rejoice.