Thread: Valve cover gasket replacement

Valve cover gasket replacement

I have a 2011 SX4 Crossover and the valve cover gasket has developed a leak so I'm going to replace it. I have the gasket and just need to know a few things. What order and torque specs for the bolts and do I need any kind of liquid gasket for any part of the job?

I don't think you need any liquid gasket stuff. I'm pretty sure that it is a one-piece rubber gasket.

As for torque specs and sequence... well, that's unnecessary to know. All you need to do is tighten them gradually in some type of a kriss-cross pattern as opposed to just ramming down a bolt in one corner and then another in the adjacent corner and... well, its like a person should tighten down any such apparatus. Just kinda gradually. Torque specification is tight enough to where it won't come loose and loose enough to where you won't break the bolt.

just have m8ne done...worst part is to unclip the harness at the top left corner.

yes, cover stucked pretty good.
    used a rubber hammer, tspping around.
    and the best place pry it up is at the lower left corner.
    2007AWD auto.200k km..K/N air filter,AUXinput,Grp34size Battery
    Fixes..alternator,swybarlnk,cntrlarm,innertierod,P wiperarm,Rexhaustjnt,Raxleseals,Ujoints,idler,tens ioner pulleys.