Thread: Hydraulic motor mount

Hydraulic motor mount

Does anyone know how to diagnose the hydraulic motor mount which stands on the right side of the engine?
    To be more precise I think about this:

I know it can be diagnosed when the 'oil or liquids' comes out of it, but is it possible even without liquid that it is in poor condition?

Thanks.

What year sx4 and what motor?
    2007 SX4 Hatchback J20A Manual, turbo install in progress; http://clubsx4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8665
    also own a 1996 X90 4wd 4 inch lift on 30's G16B Manual

Never seen that. WHere do you live, what engine type do you have, car model, year, transmission, AWD ?..etc. There are several variation across the world with different engines, 2.0, 1,6, diezel....WE will ask for that each time if you do not write all of that down in your profile or signature. GO to USER CP
    Last edited by LMP; February 10th, 2019 at 11:58 PM.
    2011 sx4 JX AWD CVT 35500km(May19) Also drives 2015 KIA Sorento AWD 2.4

My car is: Suzuki SX4 Sedan, Year 2012, 87.000 miles, Automatic Transmission, Engien 2.0 (j20b).

Can I now get an answer.

When you are facing your engine. Its on the left side. You can remove the rubber "boot" pretty easily. Check under that for signs of leaking. It may need replacing.
    AWD 2013. CVT. Custom SRI w/Apollo, RRM Crank Pulley, RRM piggyback ecu, Custom 2.25 Flowmaster exhaust, RRM Front/Rear Swaybars, Megan Racing Coilovers, Techna-fit brake lines, AC bypass, Projector HID retrofit.

I did not remove the rubber "boot" but looking around and browsing the hydraulic motor mount I can not see the leaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Samus View Post
    ..on the left side. You can remove the rubber "boot" pretty easily. Check under that for signs of leaking. It may need replacing.
    Samus...I understand then that this fluid motor mount (instead of a conventional rubber mount) acts as a kind of "shock absorber"..its failure might be an explanation for those complaining about what they describe as excessive vibration ....I remember late Dodge Omni ruining rubber mounts and shaking the whole car body...
    Last edited by LMP; February 14th, 2019 at 03:54 PM.
    2011 sx4 JX AWD CVT 35500km(May19) Also drives 2015 KIA Sorento AWD 2.4

Quote Originally Posted by LMP View Post
    Samus...I understand then that this fluid motor mount (instead of a conventional rubber mount) acts as a kind of "shock absorber"..its failure might be an explanation for those complaining about what they describe as excessive vibration ....I remember late Dodge Omni ruining rubber mounts and shaking the whole car body...

@LMP I just have this problem with vibration on idle. I've tried everything I could to try and I still have a problem with vibration.
    Here I am describing what I did:
    http://clubsx4.com/forum/showthread....451#post116451

My hydraulic motor mount does not drain the liquid so I wonder if it is possible that he was partially broken but not the drain liquid.
    I started doubting if the problem might be with the 'break booster' that there have a hole and the air enters over that hole in the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by LMP View Post
    I'm pretty sure that is normal for a Chrysler L-body car. The hood was flimsy enough to where some people who showcase their GLHS have modified it with dual prop rods to keep the hood level when open.

Pretty much any engine mount I've come across on any car is diagnosed via just a visual inspection. No tears, no rips, not leaking oil if it is a fluid filled mount, it is good to go.

I'm pretty sure that is normal for a Chrysler L-body car. The hood was flimsy enough to where some people who showcase their GLHS have modified it with dual prop rods to keep the hood level when open.
    I really do not understand what you're talking about here, what do you mean by this what i quote you. After all, what it has to do with my vibration problem.
    My car is: Suzuki SX4 Sedan 2012 , 2.0 Engine.