Thread: Nobutter69 this is my Seu thread!

Nobutter69 this is my Seu thread!

Hello guys and gals,
    So I have been here a little while now, and posted up a few times, but never really go too in depth with my ride or myself. I am not that interesting, almost 40, work as dispatch and head of quality control at a local recycling yard, married with two dogs and a nice house in the woods. Enough of that though, on to Seu!

2012 SX4 Crossover, currently 118k miles on her. Six speed with what I think would be the Tech package. She originally came with the radio with the aux input with the dash mounted Nav, steering wheel controls, and all that jazz. Here is what I have done to her:

Interior:

Full Charcoal Grey Katzkin leather install. Designed for a 2010, so I sourced the correct rear headrests, and all is well. Also removed the fold down armrests in exchange for the eBay Chinese center console. It is cheap, but it works, and provides a bit more space for change and such. I have not felt that it has really interfered much with driving, but it does make getting the the heated seat and 4wd controls a bit more cumbersome. I also installed the Canadian Findway brand formed floor mats. They are nice, but not great, and have worn more quickly than anticipated. They do though hold all debris and water, so it does not soak the actual carpet. I also have factory Suzuki mats that I run in the summer. I do have the rear trunk false floor, and store most of my essential tools and such under that. Makes for a clean interior, without any real clutter.

Exterior:

Added factory Suzuki mudflaps, spaced out a bit more than the directions call for. I also added the Chinese bumper mount LED brake light/Turnsignals. I have 65" Thule Crossbars, and a no name roof basket. I also added an eBay from license plate light mount, which houses two PIAA fog lights.

Suspension and Wheels:

She is lifted 30mm with the Russian Poly lift spacers. The rear does not sit 100% how I would prefer, but it has stayed in place without any issues. The front is a nice design that fits well, but does creak a lot when turning. All in all, for the price, you really can not beat it. I did install new KYB shocks and struts all around, with new mounts as well when I installed the lift. In the summer I run 215/70-16 all seasons on the stock alloys, with 25mm spacers all around. In the winter, I run 215/70-16 snow tires in Jeep Icon wheels. I generally do not run the spacers with these as they have a low offset, but lately, I have been running around with them installed. It looks cool, but rubs like a mother at even less than half lock on the steering wheel, so they will be coming back off later today.

Engine and Drivetrain:

As stock as stock can be, but I did just get a rear exhaust section at work that I am going to hack up to make a straight pipe style rear section. It will be nice with the style clamp that Suzuki uses as I will be able to switch between the stock and modified rear section pretty easily. I also just sourced an early J20A maf housing, so I will do my best at making a hopefully true cool air intake. I will be doing this more for just the sound as I know any power gains are negligible, but it does make for a more pleasurable experience for me.

ICE:

I am currently running the Chinese Android 6.0 7 inch touch screen unit. It is nice for what it is, but nothing spectacular. I also have a Blaupunkt under seat powered subwoofer under that drivers seat, but that is about it.

Here are some picture, enjoy, and feel free to let me know what you think. Have an awesome day!

thumbnail_20181215_094729.jpg

thumbnail_20181215_094738.jpg

thumbnail_20181215_094752.jpg

thumbnail_20181215_094812.jpg

Looks great from outside - definitely not good to have tyres rub anywhere in your turn, so you are wise to pull them off.
    SX4 (4x4) 2013 6Sp Manual....

looks great. interesting feedback on the findway mats.
    2010 sx4 JX AWD

Neat.

I can also attest that the findway mats are ok at best. 30k miles and the plastic bits shown below are about to fall off. Maybe the extra footwork that comes with a manual transmission is to blame...

SX4 2007 AWD Manual
    Kizashi 2011 AWD CVT

Hey everybody, been changing things up a bit lately, so I thought I would share.

In January 2019 I got rid of the Russian lift spacers, and installed a set of eibach springs. I loved the way ther car rode, firmer than stock, but at the same time more comfortable. The control was night and day, and I found myself getting into it pretty hard, with the right tires, she really sticks. I would recommend these to anyone that commutes, and will never really do any off roading.

It was fun for a while, but in the end, I really missed the lift, and being able to hit a lot of the trails that I used to play on, so I bought a set of the blue point euro spec springs off of RicerX a few months back. I put them in about two months ago, but it just wasn't enough, and I was still rocking the stock size tires from when I lowered it. Something needed to be done. I finally said f-it, and installed the 30mm Russian lift spacers, along with the euro springs, and I have to say I'm in love! So much so, that i went ahead and bought a set of 215/70r16 Toyo Open Country AT III tires, hot off the press. I was originally set of the general grabbers, but when I saw the new toyos I was sold.

And now, some pics!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Looks like you took off the wheel spacers in the latest pic. Any rubbing now?

BTW it looks great.
    2008 SX4 Hatchback Automatic

Thanks! Yes, I did take off the spacers, and unfortunately I do still have some rubbing. The Toyos are a little bit larger than the previous tires of the same size that I had used. Most of the rubbing though is where the mudflaps mount.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Looks nice, how much lift did the euro springs get you ? around an inch ?
    2010 sx4 JX AWD

Quote Originally Posted by vhercules View Post
    Looks nice, how much lift did the euro springs get you ? around an inch ?
    Honestly, it is more like 1/2" to 3/4", less than I thought they would yield. Most of the lift gained is from the Tema spacers. Good news is, I lubed the sh!t out of them before I installed them this time, and there is no squeeking at all, it is super smooth and quiet. I also took a look today at work, and 95% of my rubbing is the inner most screw of the mud flaps, so I will be trimming the inner edge of the mudflaps, and deleting that one screw.

I plan on hitting a pretty nice trail this weekend not too far from my house, up the back side of some bear slides near the Hudson river, I will try to stop and get some pics of her in action.