Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone try this lift kit from Russia?

Anyone try this lift kit from Russia?

I saw this 30mm lift kit on ebay from Russia. I only found one thread about it, but was wondering if anyone else has tried it. Looks to be a better design that the RRO kit. The front kit seems to sit on top of the stock mount so no unwanted stress to the strut. Any ideas?

Its only 1 inch, but should be enough lift for some 215/70/16 tires

Link to kit: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Complete-li...yxS3:rk:1:pf:0

Or should I not support Putin?

I have had this for over 10k kms now and it has been good. Easy install and cheap. yes, front spacers sit on top of the stock mount so no unwanted stress to the strut like the RRO. I believe someone else on this forum got this as well.
    2010 sx4 JX AWD

Thanks for the input. I saw your thread. It was the only one I can find.
    Were you able to fit 215/70/16 tires on it?
    Also looks like there is no need to modify control arm mount to give room for axles since the lift isn't as high.

I have 215/65/16 ... this plus the lift gives you pretty good clearance. There is no need to modify control arm mounts. this is a simple bolt on install.
    I have been in places where even stock pickups with their low hanging plastic bumpers have the same or lower clearance than my sx4.
    2010 sx4 JX AWD

Order of recommendation

1) 1"inch SX4 Russian Lift - If you want an affordable way of lifting it and additional clearance with no trimming of the control arms.
    2) 2in" Kanook Lift Method - Same idea as the Russian lift but taller. 2"inch spacer needs to be welded and 2"in spacer for the back will need to be made or bought from RRO. This is the better strut geometry for the 2in" lift.
    3) 2in" RRO - you have to take apart the strut which is a big pain. Strut geometry changes and has a weak point. Some have reported the strut bolt snapping.

Quote Originally Posted by josh_sx4 View Post
    Order of recommendation

1) 1"inch SX4 Russian Lift - If you want an affordable way of lifting it and additional clearance with no trimming of the control arms.
    2) 2in" Kanook Lift Method - Same idea as the Russian lift but taller. 2"inch spacer needs to be welded and 2"in spacer for the back will need to be made or bought from RRO. This is the better strut geometry for the 2in" lift.
    3) 2in" RRO - you have to take apart the strut which is a big pain. Strut geometry changes and has a weak point. Some have reported the strut bolt snapping.
    Excellent writeup
    josh_sx4 - have not seen any posts / updates on your sx4 for a while now
    2010 sx4 JX AWD

Thank you vhercules and josh_sx4 for the useful information!

I am thinking about getting the Russian lift for my new (to me) 2008 SX4 and really appreciate any insight from people with experience actually using it.

By the way, the 1" lift, which is actually 30mm or 1.18", is made by Tema4x4 out of Novosibirsk, Russia.

Link to Tema4x4 website (in Russian):

https://tema4x4.ru/

...their 30mm lift for the SX4 is here:

https://tema4x4.ru/catalog/prostavki...-is-sx4/apply/

...and can also be purchased through Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Tema4x4-Compl...dp/B07BBJTWT4/

Thanks. I looked at the kanook method, but I can't weld for crap. I'll probably go with the Russian kit with some 215/70/16s

Just bought them. They are 10% off right now.