Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone try this lift kit from Russia?

Sounds like a good choice. Pls post some photos once you're done installing it.

Quote Originally Posted by phatcheeks View Post
    Thanks. I looked at the kanook method, but I can't weld for crap. I'll probably go with the Russian kit with some 215/70/16s
    Nice, get us some before / after pics.
    2010 sx4 JX AWD

No Problem. I payed the $30 for expedited shipping so I will get them by this Thursday and probably install them over the weekend. Will post some pics.

Got the kit in the mail today. Looks pretty good.
    1 question though. Does the rear spring spacer go on top of the spring or on the bottom? Going to install it tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by phatcheeks View Post
    Got the kit in the mail today. Looks pretty good.
    1 question though. Does the rear spring spacer go on top of the spring or on the bottom? Going to install it tomorrow
    Goes on top.
    2010 sx4 JX AWD

Thanks Vhercules. Thats what I was thinking.

Looks like there is some drilling required. Didn't realize until now. The plate that goes over the strut mount where the bolt goes through is way too small.
    Any thoughts?

Got the holes drilled and the left side installed. For the right the axle is hitting the control arm mount. Might need to do some cutting.
    I thought this install would be easy lol. I don't understand how some guys with the RRO get away with not cutting the control arm mounts.
    Let's hope the rear isn't as hard.

This is the first I've heard about needing to clearance the control arm buckets for droop with the Russian kit.

As for people with the RRO kit not cutting, there is absolutely no way you can get away without cutting. If people don't cut/grind the area down they will without a doubt experience contact with their axles when the suspension droops.
    2007 Suzuki SX4 hatch awd
    2011 Nissan Xterra PRO-4X
    1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R

Yeah. My car is a wierd one. I got the fronts done finally. Now for the rear, I can't get the spring with spacer into the bucket. Been trying for few hours now. Finally gave up. Gonna get a friend to help