Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody know this 2007 SX ?

My first statement was just a general comment, the only way to truly know if that car gained or loss weight is if the owner weighted the car before and after those mods.

With today's materials in car interiors and stuff those items don't weigh as much as they used to back in the day so totally gutting your car and thinking you lost XXXX amount of pounds off your car is probably an overestimation if you don't measure the weight of things you yank out.

ex: I've weighed my rear stock Shelby wheels and tires 20x9.5" with 285/35/20 tire, each corner came in at 63lbs. I now run a Forgeline forged wheel 20x11" with a 295/35/20 tire and they weigh 56lbs. each so I have an idea what 63 and 56 lbs. feel like. If you pulled out the larger rear seatback from your car can you weigh it? You say that item "probably" weights around 50 lbs. I think it's lighter than that I do not feel that your wider seatback in a SX4 is going to weight almost as much as my 1 rear Forgeline wheel and tire setup.

So basically my general consensus on this car is the weight removed doesn't totally compensate the weight added to make this car lighter, it might come out even if the owner is lucky but most likely this car is heavier than stock.

I tossed it in the garbage. Comes out super easy if you want to remove yours and verify. Good excuse to clean under them as well.
    2007 Suzuki SX4 hatch awd
    2011 Nissan Xterra PRO-4X
    1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R

Quote Originally Posted by Schultzey View Post
    Yes the 60 split of the seats weigh in at 55 lbs 10 oz. The 40 split of the seats weigh 31 lbs 4.6 oz. The total weight of the rear seats combined is nearly 87 lbs.

I knew this man would know
    2007 Suzuki SX4 hatch awd
    2011 Nissan Xterra PRO-4X
    1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R

So 87 lbs. total for the rear seatbacks and divided equally that's 43.5 lbs. for each one.

That's stupid heavy for 1 half of a rear seatback (if they were a 50/50 split), no wonder this car gets ****ty fuel economy for a subcompact (even with AWD).

Wow, I really like that.

Looks like it wasn't even used for anything beyond maybe promotional marketing.

Looks like a great candidate for getting into some super production stage rally.

Quote Originally Posted by Cman View Post
    So 87 lbs. total for the rear seatbacks and divided equally that's 43.5 lbs. for each one.

That's stupid heavy for 1 half of a rear seatback (if they were a 50/50 split), no wonder this car gets ****ty fuel economy for a subcompact (even with AWD).
    As soon as I ditched those rear seats, it felt like the car went through a rigorous weight lost program.
    AWD 2013. CVT. Custom SRI w/Apollo, RRM Crank Pulley, RRM piggyback ecu, Custom 2.25 Flowmaster exhaust, RRM Front/Rear Swaybars, UR Rear Strut bar, Megan Racing Coilovers, Techna-fit brake lines, Projector HID retrofit.

Quote Originally Posted by Samus View Post
    As soon as I ditched those rear seats, it felt like the car went through a rigorous weight lost program.

So the rear seats in your 2013 were just as heavy? I thought the 2010+ had a simpler rear seat design compared the the earlier SX4? I could be wrong though. I was just guessing they were lighter than those that Schultzey weighed in his 2008.
    I just had both my front seats out and they were not that heavy at all, despite them having airbags in them...