Thread: Question Regarding Coilover Fitment - FWD and AWD specific?

Question Regarding Coilover Fitment - FWD and AWD specific?

Hi everyone,

For all of the options that we have for coilovers (D2, Megan Racing, KSport, etc), I don't see any information whether coilover/shock/strut fitment on FWD SX4s are different from AWD SX4s or if they are the same. I'm in the market for some, so I was wondering if anyone with experience knew of coilovers that didn't fit because the drive layout was different.

Thanks!
    2009 AWD | MT

The suspension layout is the same whether you are fwd or awd. What I think may differ is if you have a sedan or a hatch but I may be wrong.
    AWD 2013. CVT. Custom SRI w/Apollo, RRM Crank Pulley, RRM piggyback ecu, Custom 2.25 Flowmaster exhaust, RRM Front/Rear Swaybars, UR Rear Strut bar, Megan Racing Coilovers, Techna-fit brake lines, Projector HID retrofit.

Hi Samus,

Thank you for your response! Okay, this is good to know. I just ordered a kit, but it didn't specify whether it's for sedan or hatch either. I will post an update when they come in the mail and I get them installed.
    2009 AWD | MT

Quote Originally Posted by griffinu View Post
    Hi Samus,

Thank you for your response! Okay, this is good to know. I just ordered a kit, but it didn't specify whether it's for sedan or hatch either. I will post an update when they come in the mail and I get them installed.
    I think you should be good to go. What brand did you buy? Also, does it come with swaybar end links?
    AWD 2013. CVT. Custom SRI w/Apollo, RRM Crank Pulley, RRM piggyback ecu, Custom 2.25 Flowmaster exhaust, RRM Front/Rear Swaybars, UR Rear Strut bar, Megan Racing Coilovers, Techna-fit brake lines, Projector HID retrofit.

I got the BC Racing BR Series coilover kit. I don't think they come with the swaybar end links, but I'll check with the store that I'm buying it from to confirm. Good catch; I did see on one of Schultzey's photos that the Megan Racing coilovers came with shorter swaybar end links.
    2009 AWD | MT