Thread: 215/65 R16 Before I buy them

215/65 R16 Before I buy them

Hi SX4 owners

It's time to replace my tires from the stock size to something that will be a bit more off-road oriented. I've read all the threads regarding which tire size will fit a SX4 without a lift, and the 215/65 R16 is the biggest you can go if you don't have a lift. I will be buying the Yokohama Geolander G012, and I will be replacing the biscuit spare wheel with a Suzuki rim and tire as well. So before I pull the trigger and buy it, I just need to confirm the following:

- With the 215/65 R16 there will not be any rubbing or turning problems?
    - The 215/65 R16 will fit in where the biscuit spare wheel went and go higher than the bottom board, but still be below the top board so that it will be covered and you can pact stuff on top of the board?

Next year I will be doing a 3 week trip that will involve a lot of bad gravel road and some sandy roads, so I need something that can take a beating at lower air pressures. The Yokohama also gives great millage, so it seems like a good choice.

This site has helped me a lot, and without all the information here I wouldn't have known what the SX4 is really capable of.

Thanks

Short answer - Yes a 215/65/16 on factory rim fits in the spare area.

I have my 215/65/16 spare in the area that the factory mini spare is designed to fit in. It is very very wedged in. The few times I have had to move it or remove it from the hatch area I basically have to pry it out. It has raised the carpet board about 3 inches. I also have the optional folding flat floor. There is still a few inches between the carpet board that covers the spare and the folding flat floor board.

Quote Originally Posted by sx4inlv View Post
    Short answer - Yes a 215/65/16 on factory rim fits in the spare area.

I have my 215/65/16 spare in the area that the factory mini spare is designed to fit in. It is very very wedged in. The few times I have had to move it or remove it from the hatch area I basically have to pry it out. It has raised the carpet board about 3 inches. I also have the optional folding flat floor. There is still a few inches between the carpet board that covers the spare and the folding flat floor board.
    Hello

I have a FIAT SEDICI(exactly same with sx4 only other installed options) with original tyre size 205/60/16

I tried the bigger Geolander G012 215/60/16 for 3 years. (smaller than the one you want to put)

My verdict is that :
    1) About the size. It is OK unless you turn the wheel to the end. At the end they contact the "frame" (for example when you try to park).
    If you try to move the vehicle with fully turned wheel the are "scratched" at the "frame". If you remember to go a little (very little) before
    the end of the fully turned wheel it is Ok.
    Yoy want to put bigger than mine so be careful.

2) The Geolander G012 are tough tires. You will not have tread ware even if you push them at very rough roads
    or pavements

3) They handle well at snow and mud

4) They tend to sink at the sand (they dig it instead of "floating" at it)

5) They make above average noise

6) They grip mediocre at normal roads

7) They increase a bit the gas consumption (about 5% at me)

a 215 car tire will not fit on a factory rim, this is 6J and for a 215 tire you need at least a 6.5J rim.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    a 215 car tire will not fit on a factory rim, this is 6J and for a 215 tire you need at least a 6.5J rim.
    On the rim 6J, I can put the tire even 225.
    Other dimensions are also important - the height of the tire's hip and the wheel diameter - https://www.aluapneu.cz/jaky-rozmer-...nou-siri-disku
    SX4 4x4 Special Edition, petrol 1.6 VVT 88 kW, 5 speed manual, year 2014.
    I'm sorry. I do not understand English.

Quote Originally Posted by pdionisis View Post
    Hello

I have a FIAT SEDICI(exactly same with sx4 only other installed options) with original tyre size 205/60/16

I tried the bigger Geolander G012 215/60/16 for 3 years. (smaller than the one you want to put)

My verdict is that :
    1) About the size. It is OK unless you turn the wheel to the end. At the end they contact the "frame" (for example when you try to park).
    If you try to move the vehicle with fully turned wheel the are "scratched" at the "frame". If you remember to go a little (very little) before

2) The Geolander G012 are tough tires. You will not have tread ware even if you push them at very rough roads
    or pavements

hello, do you have a picture of your sedici and the geolanders and can hou make a picture of the spot in the run-up of the Wheel?
    greetings dimitri
    Last edited by Dimitri; November 19th, 2018 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pdionisis View Post
    Hello

My verdict is that :

or pavements

Hello, do you have a photo of your sedici and the geolanders and can you take a picture where it is? greetings dimitri