Thread: Dropped Object in Windshield Air Vent

Dropped Object in Windshield / Dash Air Vent

Hi everyone,

I did my due diligence and tried to find some answers before posting, but unfortunately nothing came up.

I dropped a small, non-metal item by accident in the dash air vent closest to the wind shield. So far, I tried using a fishing line, a metal weight, and some double sided tape to blindly fish the object out, but had no luck. I might try again here soon, but was wondering if anyone else had the same experience and/or is knowledgeable about this part of the SX4?

For the 2009 SX4, I do know that the air vent piece is built-in to the whole plastic piece that is part of the dash (if that makes sense. I can provide some pictures later).

Are there any diagrams out there that can help me out of the A/C & Heat Blower system so I can possibly visualize where the item might have landed?

If I get desperate, the last resort would probably be attempting to remove the whole dash piece to get to the A/C vents and remove the object. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!
    2009 AWD | MT

Does your fan rattle? If not leave it. Unless it is a very important object.
    The air ducts are under the dash...big job.

Get a copy of Shop manual in this forum (free)
    2007AWD auto.200k km..K/N air filter,AUXinput,Grp34size Battery
    Fixes..alternator,swybarlnk,cntrlarm,innertierod,P wiperarm,Rexhaustjnt,Raxleseals,Ujoints,idler,tens ioner pulleys.

Hi CF7,

No fan rattle. And luckily it's not that very important of an object; it's just the tag/end of a zipper for a duffel bag. It flew on there when it got sandwiched in between my windshield/sun shade.

Thank you for the advice!
    2009 AWD | MT