Thread: Door weatherstrip coming off????

Door weatherstrip coming off????

My SX4 has this problem, the DS door weatherstrip (the piece on the door) is not staying attached to the door because some of the clips are broken and coming off.

A check of the online Suzuki part sites doesn't show replacement clips but they show the complete weatherstrip avail for purchase for like US$130.00 or so (no f/ing way).

So I put my previous job skills to work and figured out that Honda vehicles use exactly the same clips to hold their weatherstrips in place on the doors also, and you can buy the clips from a Honda dealer to fix this issue on your Suzuki.

Honda part # 90651-S4N-003 is the clip you need, they look like this:

Not sure how many of them hold the Suzuki door WS on but you should be able to buy the Honda clips individually (chances are they will be packaged in quantities of 10 or so).

A lot cheaper than replacing the whole WS.

Tony
    T. Chan
    10 SX4 6sp AWD, 17 CX-3 AWD
    09 Z06, 13 Shelby GT500

Great info, thanks.
    2011 SX4 Sportback 6 Speed

I have 6 broken clips on that LF door weatherstrip so I visited the Honda dealer I used to work at and ordered the clips back on Friday. I will pick them up early next week and this issue will be fixed.

Door weatherstrip is fixed.

Here's another pic of these clips. the bag has the part #, then the OE broken Suzuki clip to the right, the new Honda clip and a Canadian 10 cent coin so you get an idea how tiny these clips are.

The Honda clips are EXACTLY the same thing as the Suzuki clips, I'm sure most door weatherstrips on any vehicle will be held in place with the same clips independent of what the car make is.

Great info...

How does it look on the strip itself.
    2007AWD auto.200k km..K/N air filter,AUXinput,Grp34size Battery
    Fixes..alternator,swybarlnk,cntrlarm,innertierod,P wiperarm,Rexhaustjnt,Raxleseals,Ujoints,idler,tens ioner pulleys.

Nothing wrong with my weatherstrip just the 6 clips were broken (2 on the door open side, 3 on the top and 1 towards the hinge side near the bottom beside the speaker area).

In all honesty these clips should almost never get broken, my car was purchased used so no clue how the original owner opened the door such that those clips would get damaged.

Or someone tried to break in.
    2007AWD auto.200k km..K/N air filter,AUXinput,Grp34size Battery
    Fixes..alternator,swybarlnk,cntrlarm,innertierod,P wiperarm,Rexhaustjnt,Raxleseals,Ujoints,idler,tens ioner pulleys.

Ice?
    SX4 2007 AWD Manual

For TOYOTA, SUBARU, HONDA, MITSUBISHI - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100P...166820457.html
    SX4 4x4 Special Edition, petrol 1.6 VVT 88 kW, 5 speed manual, year 2014.
    I'm sorry. I do not understand English.

That's a good price for 100 pcs of that clip...…………..if you need that many.

My 6 clips that I bought at the Honda dealer costs me CAN$20.00 or so (about 3 bucks each, retail is $4.50), yeah I know I got raped but still better than US$130 for a whole new WS.