Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ADDCO RSB part # and ordering info

ADDCO RSB part # and ordering info

Donors already have their ordering info.....................here is the info for everybody else.

The part # for the "NEW" ADDCO RSB for 2007-2013 SX4 is part #5055.

To order this bar contact:

John Wright
    Sales & Tech Advisor
    Addco Manufacturing
    Office 800-338-7015
    Cell 828-719-8034 (please call him only between M-F 9am-3:30pm EST)
    fax 561-366-2380
    email: johnw@addco.net (email is best as it can be a pain to get him via the office # FYI)

ADDCO takes payment via credit card or paypal. Non donor price for this bar is US$160.00+ shipping. John can get you a quote when you contact him. Multiple bars (max. 2) can be shipped together to save on shipping.

For those people that are not on this MB but want to order the bar please link this post so they can see it, I'll include the link with the better pics of the bar below.

http://clubsx4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8725

Any questions PM or dchanman01@hotmail.com

That's it..............good luck with better handling on your SX4.

Tony
    Last edited by Cman; May 6th, 2018 at 06:32 AM.
    T. Chan
    10 SX4 6sp AWD, 17 CX-3 AWD
    09 Z06, 13 Shelby GT500

Just a reminder that ADDCO had mentioned that between having the sample done to when they start rolling out production units there will be about a 2 week timeframe FYI, so basically if you want a RSB start getting your orders in now so they can plan out how many units they need to produce to meet demand.

Another email you guys can try when contacting ADDCO to purchase the bar:

sales@addco.net

Put the contact person's name in the title of your email please (John Wright)

So has anyone ordered bars yet??? Post up if you did.

I know there are lots of SX4 owners out there that wanted a RSB but either couldn't get one (cause they weren't available anymore), the price was steep at the time from RRM (US$320 + shipping) or didn't care for handling.

Well, on the handling part I'll let owners with RSB on their cars for a while can chime up but I can say with my short limited time with the sample bar on my car running my 245/45/17 tires the handling is way better than without the bar.

ADDCO wants to sell more than just 10 units of this bar.................I also didn't go through all this trouble also for only that amount of sales to bring this part back from the dead so if you are undecided about getting the bar don't be. The price is decent and the car will love you for it.

Share this thread with people on other Suzuki MB's that have a SX4 section please.

Get your orders in!!!!!!
    T. Chan
    10 SX4 6sp AWD, 17 CX-3 AWD
    09 Z06, 13 Shelby GT500

Iím waiting until the 5th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cman, It is a great job you did to get RSB rolling. I applaud you for the effort.
    I had RSB. I liked it on smooth surfaces, even on some gravel. But beyond smooth gravel, RSB had proven to be more of a hindrance than benefit.
    Since converting my current setup to Koni inserts, the need for front and rear sway bars has been eliminated. Although I run FSB on the street, a quick turn of a wrench FSB is disconnected for off-road use.
    I have not attained WRC-like damping with Koni inserts, but it is much better when clearing jumps. You've seen how WRC cars land after a jump. I do not have budget to achieve such results. But Koni has allowed me to improve suspension damping.
    Again, great job getting RSB for Sx4 aficionados.
    Last edited by midnightsx4; May 14th, 2018 at 04:47 AM.
    How hard can it be?

If you are off roading/rallying and need the major suspension travel/articulation then I agree with you sway bars probably aren't needed and you want the suspension to be able to travel through it's whole range of movement for those rough roads.

However, if we are talking about racetrack handling, corner carving on canyon roads or high speed evasive maneuvering I wouldn't be caught dead driving a car without sway bars (F&R) or with only a front bar.

http://www.addco.net/aftermarket/tec...swaybars-work/

Bars stiffen up the suspension travel (as 1 side compresses in a corner the bar resists the suspension on the other side from rising lifting the tire off the ground reducing your contact patch).

Most cars have only a front bar since most vehicle weight is in front and it helps for most non enthusiasts to make the car safer to drive (front bar cars will understeer, better than oversteer).

Adjustable shocks can compensate somewhat for lack/removal of sway bars but a shock's job is not to reduce body roll it's to dampen and control the spring travel. Reducing body roll is the sway bar's job.

https://www.monroe.com.au/what-are-s...explained.html

Ultimately, what you use your car for dictates what suspension you want on it, off roading/rallying?? No sway bars. Racing/driving fast around curvy bends??? Sway bars.

Get those order in if you want better handling on your SX4................I heard from John production is scheduled to start sometime next week won't be long until the first units are produced!!!!!

Thank you for helping to get this part made again.

Tony

Indeed this was a success. Glad to see members from the facebook page participate more and more. I keep linking this forum and this thread to get new members in.

Got the bar back on my car and missed it dearly. Without it, sx4 felt like it had two flat tires in the back.

Dealing with Tony was easy. The guy is meticulous and well organized. I wouldn't hesitate to do this again with him.
    AWD 2013. CVT. Custom SRI w/Apollo, RRM Crank Pulley, RRM piggyback ecu, Custom 2.25 Flowmaster exhaust, RRM Front/Rear Swaybars, UR Rear Strut bar, Megan Racing Coilovers, Techna-fit brake lines, A118 Dashcam, More coming...