Thread: Got myself a 2015 S-cross - three things to discuss with you people...

Got myself a 2015 S-cross - three things to discuss with you people...

Hi y'all,

my name is Bengt Berg - writing to you from Stockholm, Sweden.

Family needed an extra car since... well... I get stuck in the mud once or twice to often with the other car. Needed a 4WD. So, I bought a SX4 S-Cross, AllGrip, 2014 model for an absolutely steal price. Only 3500 km's on the meter. I bought it in a store. Scary, I have some prejudices against used car salesmen.

But I found some papers in the car's documentation that had some names - I called the previous owner and and she had nothing but praise for the car. The service record is on the "aren't they overdoing it?" side.

So, I'm quite happy so far after almost a week.

BUT - three issues. I would be grateful for any assistance here.

1) There is a vibration in behind the dashboard, it gets annoying (once you've noticed it) when the engine spins at 2100 +/- 50 rpm. Then, some resonance vibration noise comes, it's absolutely a plastics issue and it sounds like it comes from somewhere behind the stereo. I suspect a fan or someting (but turning off the ventilation fan does not take the sound away). The sound cannot be heard from outside the car, so it's probably not an engine/transmission thing. Has anybody experienced this?

2) That car DEFINETLY needs a parking sensor. Very low visibility backwards. Now, I cannot figure out how to get to the reverse lights in order to connect some aftermarket ultrasound sensors to beep me wife some warnings. I guess SOMEBODY must have replaced a lightbulb there, which means that there is a way to get there. Haven't found any good video instructions on youtube though, but not for lack of trying.

3) The entertainment side of it... Yep, it sucks. It hasn't even got AUX! Now, I have noticed there is a ton of aftermarket stuff available. But before I go on a shopping spree or try to dismount the radio (I usually break things ;-) ) - could anybody tell me if there is a AUX override port on the back of the stereo? In that case I might make a go for it anyway. Picture below.

carstereo.jpg
    Last edited by herrberg; April 18th, 2018 at 02:15 PM.

Finally a life sign... in the other thread that I cannot delete

Never the less, does anyone have any assistance to give in order to break into the hatch door to reach the brake lights? Anfd does anyone have any info on the radio?

/Bengt Berg

I see in the pic an USB port. Isn't that helpful (put some music on a stick and play it)?

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk
    2010 SX4 1.6 VVT 4x4 GS trim level Bright RED

SX4 4x4 Special Edition, petrol 1.6 VVT 88 kW, 5 speed manual, year 2014.
    I'm sorry. I do not understand English.

Milan,

THANKS A BUNCH! If you ever find your way to my regions - Stockholm/Sweden, I owe you a beer. Thanks again. This gave me the guts to try rigging a parking sensor to the back light.

What was that manual you copied that from? Is it more where it came from?

Quote Originally Posted by shpeedy View Post
    I see in the pic an USB port. Isn't that helpful (put some music on a stick and play it)?

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk
    It sure works, but not with Spotify in the smartphone... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by herrberg View Post
    Milan,

THANKS A BUNCH! If you ever find your way to my regions - Stockholm/Sweden, I owe you a beer.
    Thanks
    This is from a manual that is part of a new car. Surely Google will find it.
    SX4 4x4 Special Edition, petrol 1.6 VVT 88 kW, 5 speed manual, year 2014.
    I'm sorry. I do not understand English.

Google found it. These pages were not in my manual. Guess they want people to go to their retailers for a lightbulb change :-(