Thread: Reverse camera installation guide?

Reverse camera installation guide?

Hello

I have recently purchased an android head unit for mx '13 hatch and it came with a backup camera. I am trying to find a guide on how to wire this camera properly. I know the genral idea (wirte to tail lights and head unit), but I don't know how to best lead the wires from the tail light to the camera and from the camera to the head unit. I was sure I'd find some guides for this on this forum, but my search skills did not produce much results.
    So the question is: is there a good guide on this on the forum?

I figured out how to install it by myself. If anyone needs some tips, I am happy to help.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrásL View Post
    I figured out how to install it by myself. If anyone needs some tips, I am happy to help.
    How did you fish that cable through the hatch grommet? I also got it done, but it was challenging my ability to rejoice. Fishing it through the steel frame of the hatch wasn't exactly fun, either.

Had no issue with that, I used one of these: M%FBanyag%20beh%FAz%F3spir%E1l%2020m%20kicsi.jpg
    You could also try some vaseline or grease to make it easier. The main issue I had was to get the power from the reverse light - had to remove the big trim piece covering the connector.

Guide Here for anyone using a composite video cable with the Garmin Unit.
    2013/JLX/iAWD/CVT