Thread: when reply to posts site signs me out???

when reply to posts site signs me out???

Why does this site do that?? I'm typing out replies to posts and when I'm done hit post button but site says I'm not signed in (when I was) and I have to sign in again to post my reply. I "copy" my reply just in case I lose it all after signing in again.

Is there a setting in my profile or something that I'm not seeing to keep me signed in until I sign out???

This is really annoying. If I'm signed in I should stay signed in until I sign out. Total PITA when you might be typing out a story and can't post it after you're done and have to sign back in again.

Tony
    T. Chan
    10 SX4 6sp AWD, 17 CX-3 AWD
    09 Z06, 13 Shelby GT500

Please tell us your operating system and browser.
    2008 AWD Manual
    Seattle, WA

There is a time out for security reason. For large writeup, I select all and copy.. Then press post. If I have to login again.. I just paste and add Title. Faster before the system time out
    2007AWD auto.200k km..K/N air filter,AUXinput,Grp34size Battery
    Fixes..alternator,swybarlnk,cntrlarm,innertierod,P wiperarm,Rexhaustjnt,Raxleseals,Ujoints,idler,tens ioner pulleys.

CF7. I'd like to help but need to know you're operating system (Windows, OSX, etc) and browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox,etc). I know you believe the problem is with the site, but there are things under your full control that can cause that very issue.
    2008 AWD Manual
    Seattle, WA

My desktop is old it still runs Windows XP but I use Google Chrome as the browser. My laptop is Windows 10 and IE 11.

Some power saving features can cause this issue. As an experiment, you may want to try changing your Power settings to never dim or shut off the display or hard drive. Make it leave everything on all the time and see if you can maintain a logon that way. If that ends up being the issue, you'll have to play around with the settings so you get the right balance of staying logged for most uses. If you have options to auto-logon you should make sure that's enabled for the specific sites you trust.
    2008 AWD Manual
    Seattle, WA

Try to login with a different browser it may solve your problem.