Thread: New Head Unit

New Head Unit

So . . . I know what I am doing this weekend.

head unit.jpg

Hopefully not too much drama. Supposed to be plug and play for the SX4. Trickiest part (I hope) will be routing the wiring for, and mounting, the reversing camera. Mounting the receiver for the GPS may be a bit tricky too but shouldn't prove too much hassle I hope.
    Last edited by Charleswb; March 11th, 2018 at 07:20 PM.
    2012 SX4 FWD CVT Hatch
    Roma, Qld, Australia

Awesome! Let us know how the install goes and how well the reversing camera is! I always wonder where's a good place to mount it without it being too obvious.
    2009 Suzuki SX4 Touring iAWD | MT

Quote Originally Posted by griffinu View Post
    Awesome! Let us know how the install goes and how well the reversing camera is! I always wonder where's a good place to mount it without it being too obvious.
    Yeah that was going to be my next question here. I have had a cursory look and am undecided as how best to route wiring from the reversing light to an appropriate position given it's a hatch.
    2012 SX4 FWD CVT Hatch
    Roma, Qld, Australia

It was a bit of a pain to run the camera cable through the rubber grommets and into the vehicle. The rest wasn't too bad. I got a license plate mounted camera. It looks a little out of place but not too bad. I was able to covertly run the cable into the hatch without any undo-able modifications to anything.

I want to see if the Chinese android head unit that I have will work off of the CAN bus. The connector is missing the wires, but the pins are in the radio. I'll have to hook that up and see if I get any extra functionality.