Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: MORE OFFICIAL ADDCO RSB NEWS!!!!!!! v2.0

Stehignite, nice! Now I'm really excited to get this bar installed. The next upgrade will definitely have to be coilovers for me too.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I got my bar safe and sound. Delivered via UPS. I'll be hitting up the self-serve garage to get the part installed.

In case anyone is unsure and doing it for the first time, for convenience, I'll put this video up (please let me know if it's been posted already, I'll remove it from my post if so):

2009 AWD | MT

Got the bar Friday before my vacation and got it on today, it feels like a new car!
    2011 SX4 Sportback 6 Speed

Still waiting to hear back from John
    SX4 2007 AWD Manual

Along with a couple of other things (oil change, accessory belt change), I installed the ADDCO RSB as well!

It wasn't as easily executed as the Road Race Motorsports video I linked previously; I had a little bit of trouble trying to line up the bolt points just right but after a bit of wrestling I got it done. Check out the pictures below:

Full shot of the rear:

Rear right side (I removed the original washer):

Rear left side (I removed the original washer):

RSB Center (I scratched it up a little bit trying to get it in there):

Rear left side, suspension bolt point:

Rear right side, suspension bolt point:

So as you can see from the last two photos, I used the old washer and the new washer included with the RSB to mount the bar to the rear suspension arm. I was a bit concerned with clearance issues of the bolt, so I decided to double up on the washers. I know I could have cut the bolt to a smaller length or got different length bolts from the hardware store, but I was eager to put the RSB on. Did anyone else run into this issue? And if doubling up on washers is unsafe, please let me know.

I'm happy to report that regardless of the bolt, I didn't have any issues with the spring coming into contact with the tip of the bolt or any noise issues.

The car handles really well now and it feels a lot better, especially after switching to full synthetic oil and replacing that accessory/serpentine belt.

Thanks again to Tony and Samus for this wonderful opportunity!
    2009 AWD | MT

Looks good!!

On the 2 washers I would place the other washer on the nut side so when they are tighten down the washers will allow the fasteners to clamp down on a wider surface area and it will hold the torque better.

I have a lock washer under the bolt head, the 2 washers and nut tightening down the bar in that area. I also used thread locking tape on the bolt threads and torqued those bolts to 50 ft./lbs.

They're not backing out.

I just put the bolt through from the other side with the washer
    2011 SX4 Sportback 6 Speed

^^^That works too but I would still have a washer on both sides of the spring pocket area to get a nice firm torque down with those fasteners.

On the subject of fasteners, the nut where the bar bolts down to the rear shock depending on what type of shock you have you might find that the threaded studs isn't long enough for you to get full thread engagement to tighten everything down.

The thread pitch there is exactly the same as the wheel studs (M12x1.25mm), you can go to a nut and bolt place and get 2 graded nuts that size that has a thinner width and use them instead of the OE nut to tighten down everything. You will be able to get full thread engagement that way.

I have 2 of those nuts and I might just replace the OE nuts with them (as it sits now on my car I'm still using the OE washer there too along with the plate on the bar the OE nut just barely fits flush with the end of the threaded stud there, using the thinner graded bolts I have there will a couple mm of the studs sticking out of the nut area). Torque to 65 ft./lbs there, again use thread locking tape to ensure they don't back out if desired.

http://www.wttool.com/index/page/pro...cker+(Loctite)
    Last edited by Cman; July 14th, 2018 at 03:42 AM.

This is just a final post to those that do want to finally get decent handling out of your SX4's. The RSB from ADDCO will be in their catalog system so if and when you decide you want one give them a call or visit their website www.addco.net

I was told they will add this part to their catalog listing for Suzuki cars shortly so they will now be available normally.