Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stehignite's Disco Potato Turbo Build

Stehignite's Disco Potato Turbo Build

Long anticipated, but I am finally getting started on turbo-ing the car. It is a 2007 AWD manual hatch that I bought back in July. Since then, I have added a lot of ICE, which consists of a Kenwood touchscreen HU, backup camera, Skar Audio tweeters, door speakers and 12" sub in a custom made box. I've also added rav 4 rack cross-members a curt trailer hitch, and sourced and installed factory fog lights

2007 SX4 Hatchback J20A Manual, turbo install in progress; http://clubsx4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8665
    also own a 1996 X90 4wd 4 inch lift on 30's G16B Manual

I ended up buying a kit from MidnightSX4 which was built by ADR with aGT2860rs Turbo. Here is what arrived. After uploading i realized i missed some thing such as the water pump and some electronics but I will be doing a detailed install so everything will be accounted for.

after receiving the kit I went through what i liked and what I would like to change or still needed. Most notably I am planning on going with a smaller/different intercooler as I feel the 3" barrel intercooler is a bit bulky for the cfm's I am expecting. I ended up ordering a Type 9 from frozenboost.com, which is rated for 350hp/450CFM. This is a same side inlet intercooler and should result in minimal piping used. More on that later. The first batch of parts ordered arrived shortly after which had gaskets, turbo blanket, header wrap and vacuum tap stuff
    2007 SX4 Hatchback J20A Manual, turbo install in progress; http://clubsx4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8665

Because it was winter here in Wisconsin, I had the car stored so I was not able to start this until now. While I waited i did the fun part, wrapping and mocking up the turbo/manifold assembly, with new gaskets in place (not torqued down) In the meantime I ordered some relays, wire, billet MAF sensor adapter, 2.5" t clamps, 1/8npt weld bungs, K&N air filter, intercooler piping and adapters, and waterproof electrical connectors.

Before I start doing turbo things, I opted to replace the brakes and the control arms as one has a bad ball joint.

Awesomeness! I look forward to seeing additional progress on your build.

Thank you! image may be hard to see, but this is the intended routing that I will be going with. I will be extending the inlets and outlets 4 inches on the intercooler, and putting the MAF sensor in the stock location. I intend to
    have the intake tract all aluminum, just have silicone couplers at the turbo and the TB. we will see what happens.

SX4 2007 AWD Manual

Not much has happened on the Sx4 as of late, I've been finishing up my other suzuki projects. Over winter I pulled apart a 1972 TC125 enduro, and just finished putting the engine together after doing a complete rebuild. I should have it completely together tomorrow. Ive also been doing some light modifying of my X90, Just installed a P.A. system for the CB radio, installed OME coils and extended the shocks some more for more drop out. The Sx4 will be going under the knife soon, but before I start pulling it apart I needed to free up some space in the garage. I ordered k sport coilovers the other day for it. Sucks that these cars aren't so popular. I wanted to go with the megans but there's a 12 week wait time for them to manufacture them. The K sports have a 3 week lead time. They ride softer than the megans so that's a plus.

Sweet projects and very cool x90. I remember sitting in one brand new on the showroom when I was a young teenager. I wanted one so bad...
    2011 Xterra PRO-4X
    2007 SX4 hatch awd
    1992 Sentra SE-R

Cool!
    2011 hatchback : K&N Apollo air intake, RRM lightweight pulley, RRM rear sway bar, RRM piggyback, 2.25'' custom exhaust, Eibach Pro-Kitl

Yes, the X-90 is cool! Is that a Yamaha RD peeking out in the background?
    Matt in Selah (near Yakima) WA
    '09 AWD SX4, '16 6.7L Power Stroke Super Duty Crew Cab 4x4 - 860 lb ft torque!, '74 Ford Bronco