Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New guy from VA!

New guy from VA!

Hey what's up everyone!

I just bought an '07 SX4 AWD last night and i'm stoked! I've actually been looking for a nice SX4 AWD for a while now, so when I found this one for sale locally I jumped on it. It's blue, one-owner, non-smoker, clean Carfax and only 78,500 miles on it. Better yet the previous owner already did the Rocky Road Outfitters lift, beefier tires, a roof rack, vent visors and a wrinkle black Road Race Engineering intake w/ an Injen Hydroshield pre-filter. And I actually placed an order for some Rally Armor universal mudflaps (black w/ blue logos) this morning that I am going to custom fit to it.

This car will actually serve as my new daily-driver, replacing my '97 Civic that I've had since 2013 which is up to 242k miles.....lol. Needless to say I was long overdue on an upgrade and the SX4 fit the bill perfectly. My other car....my weekend toy or "fun car" if you will is an '05 Crossfire SRT-6 that's slammed with a ton of custom work done to it. So I now have one lifted and one lowered vehicle - best of both worlds! Anywho I don't have any pics to share at this time since I haven't bothered setting up a new photo hosting account after Photobucket went to crap. But if you'd like to check out some pics of the SX4 or my Crossfire feel welcome to visit my Instagram --> @osshwa

Thanks!

Congrats on the purchase! Sounds like you got a great deal on the car. I hope you get a lot of trouble free miles on it.

As far as photo hosting goes, I would recommend Flickr. Their hosting seems to work well.

Welcome! Just checked your Instagram; it's so clean! I really like the blue on the SX4. And extra score on that CAI. All at an amazing price!
    Last edited by griffinu; March 3rd, 2018 at 11:58 PM.
    2009 AWD | MT

Quote Originally Posted by Schultzey View Post
    Congrats on the purchase! Sounds like you got a great deal on the car. I hope you get a lot of trouble free miles on it.

As far as photo hosting goes, I would recommend Flickr. Their hosting seems to work well.
    Funnily enough, I have a Flickr account, I've just never considered using it for hosting photos. Only reasons I have a Flickr account is because my SRT-6 has had quite a few photoshoots over the years and most photographers use Flickr to host photos. So I downloaded it so I could download the photos to share, lol. Also, big fan of your car man! I showed a few of my buddies your car on your IG account and they think it's rad.

Quote Originally Posted by griffinu View Post
    Welcome! Just checked your Instagram; it's so clean! I really like the blue on the SX4. And extra score on that CAI. All at an amazing price!
    Thanks! Yeah I love the blue too. Honestly I didn't even know that color was available until I found my car for sale online. I didn't really have a preference in color since coming across a clean, AWD, M/T SX4 isn't exactly easy. But this is the first blue car I've ever owned and i'm loving it!

Since buying it I've hand-buffed the headlights with Mother's plastic polish and a microfiber, ordered some universal Rally Armor mudflaps (black w/ blue words) and ordered some rally style drive/navigator stickers from Red Rock decals. Just in the process of making it my own. Going to buy some hardware and fit the mudflaps once it warms up, along with re-installing the front lift and re-wiring the Road Race ECU upgrade. Also going to replace the pre-filter since the once that came on the car looks a bit stretched/worn out.

I feel a bit guilty because my SRT-6 has taken a bit of a back seat to the SX4. The Crossfire is my "weekend toy" but I haven't driven it in a few months ever since I hit some nasty unmarked roadwork and messed up my front lip and left fender. I have a new lip for it but I just need to schedule time to take it to my body guy and have him bring her back up to snuff.
    '07 SX4 AWD
    '05 Crossfire SRT-6
    IG --> @osshwa

Updated thread with pics!
    '07 SX4 AWD
    '05 Crossfire SRT-6
    IG --> @osshwa

Updated thread with pics!

Universal Rally Armor mudflaps (black w/ blue log) custom mounted by @novaspeedshop. They fabbed up some custom brackets for me and they turned out great!

When I bought the car it already had an Injen Hydroshield pre-filter. The pre-filter had definitely seen better days so I ditched it....

....for a new K&N Drycharger pre-filter. Since the filter that the RRM intake uses is K&N I figured i'd get a K&N pre-filter so it'd be an exact fit. Also went with blue this time around so it'd match the car a bit better.

Future plans include restoring the headlights, painting my valve cover wrinkle black, wiring up my RRM piggyback and doing custom front lift spacers/plates since the Rocky Road Outfitters lift spacers seemingly wear out the front struts pretty quickly. That's the reason they were removed from this car by the previous owner.
    Last edited by osshwa; March 16th, 2018 at 12:40 PM.
    '07 SX4 AWD
    '05 Crossfire SRT-6
    IG --> @osshwa

Few small updates on the SX4 from this weekend.

-Bought a used roof-basket from my buddy!

-Also bought a Moddiction Anvil shift knob in their textured black finish. This is actually the same knob I ran in my old Miata, just a different finish. It definitely makes shifting feel so much nicer since it's weighted and countersunk which makes it sit lower on the shifter itself.

I also replaced my passenger side mirror since the housing was cracked and installed a new hood prop rod since the old one was warped/bent.

That's it for now folks!
    '07 SX4 AWD
    '05 Crossfire SRT-6
    IG --> @osshwa

Did a little bit of DIY resto on the SX4 over the weekend. Replaced the haggard OEM AWD badge with a new AWD badge that has a blue inlay (found it on Amazon) and repainted the rear bumper guard with some Duplicolor black plastic trim paint. Turned out great!

'07 SX4 AWD
    '05 Crossfire SRT-6
    IG --> @osshwa

Few updated pics. Went to this gravel service road that the local electric company uses that's down the street from me to snap a few pics. I had to run out to grab toilet paper so I thought why not....lol. Also, my lightsaber antenna from VMS Racing came in today. Obviously I went with blue for the color of the saber. I love it! Oh and this also shows my re-sticker'd up fairing with the stickers I ordered from RallyGrafix.com.

'07 SX4 AWD
    '05 Crossfire SRT-6
    IG --> @osshwa

I just wish these things had a low range / granny gear. That would greatly improve the adventure experience.