Thread: TPMS question for those running Jeep factory OEM wheels

TPMS question for those running Jeep factory OEM wheels

If you mounted a set of Jeep factory OEM wheels on to your SX4, which TPMS sensors did you purchase, and where?

More specifically, for a 2012 SX4.

Thanks

On my first SX4, I had them swap over the tmps sensors from my factory wheels to jeep wheels with no problems no air leaks. On my 3rd SX4 I also had them swap them over from my factory wheels to jeep wheels, but this time (depending on the installer) the factory ones can break and not seat properly in a jeep wheel (slow air leak).

My wifes SX4 has 130,000 miles and the batteries are starting to fail on the factory sensors. Discount tire charges $60 per TMPS replacement. They are the Schrader 33500 TPMS sensor. These have been working awesome and seem to seal a lot better. If I were to do it again, I would buy these ones off of ebay and have discount tire install them for free (with the purchase of a set of tires of course)

Cool, thanks for the info.
    I'm going to call a few local tire places here tomorrow and just price check.

I honestly might just go with out the sensors at this point for this vehicle and on some budget wheels for winter tires. The sensors would cost more than double what I paid for the wheels if they actually are 60/ea!?
    And I already have winter tires to mount, so I can't get their free mount & balance w/ purchase.
    Last edited by SpeedHoles; December 4th, 2017 at 04:07 PM.

The ebay link I posted they were about $27 each... but them to get them mounted/balance again probably another $11-$14 per tire