Thread: 2016 Patriot 17" rims/tires on 2009 SX4

2016 Patriot 17" rims/tires on 2009 SX4

My boss offered me his snow tires (on rims) off his 2016 Jeep Patriot. Bolt pattern is the same, seems like the rubber will even fit. However I'm not sure about the offset.

I don't have access to the tires/rims to test, as they are in storage currently. Anyone know here if it's bolt on? Or will I need hub/offset adapters?

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/jeep/patriot/2016/

Take a look at the above link should help u figure it out.

Tony
    T. Chan
    10 SX4 6sp AWD, 17 CX-3 AWD
    09 Z06, 13 Shelby GT500

There's a 10mm offset difference. The link doesn't say anything about cross fitment. Thanks for the attempt at helping?

The wheel will go on.......I would suggest you get centering rings from 67.1 down to 60.1 so your wheel is centered on the hub.

As to how the Jeep wheel will look offset wise compared to stock check this:

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php...h=6&offset2=50

type in the specs of the Jeep wheel under the "new setup" area and you can see the offset and width difference to the stock setup.

Tony

edit: if you look at this thread:

http://clubsx4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8329

I am running 16x6.5" Mazda 3 steel wheels which has the same hub diameter as the Jeep wheel (67.1mm), and if you look at the pic closely you can see centering rings I'm using to center the Mazda wheels to the SX4 hub (67.1-60.1mm, the rings are grayish colour). I got them on ebay. Vendor was very good shipped quickly and has 100% +FB, I bought 3 more sets of hub rings from him after getting the first set for my other wheels.
    Last edited by Cman; November 24th, 2017 at 07:14 PM.

So I ended up getting these hand me downs and I put them on yesterday. They fit, and I managed to get them on without hub adaptors. No vibration, but it loves to rub over bumps. Specifically the rear wheels.

On closer inspection, the plastic wheel well liner is not smooth and there's just not enough clearance. I have a heat gun and may attempt some persuasion later this week.

Quote Originally Posted by pif View Post
    So I ended up getting these hand me downs and I put them on yesterday. They fit, and I managed to get them on without hub adaptors. No vibration, but it loves to rub over bumps. Specifically the rear wheels.

On closer inspection, the plastic wheel well liner is not smooth and there's just not enough clearance. I have a heat gun and may attempt some persuasion later this week.
    Pics?

How many full turns did you get with your lug-nuts with the Jeep wheels installed? These Suzuki lug studs are excessively short...

And I'd agree with Cman, do yourself a favor and get the hubcentric rings, low cost piece of mind.