Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 05-12 Ford mustang Sway Bar links on a SX4

Quote Originally Posted by josh_sx4 View Post
    Replacing sway bar links and sway bar bushing will not effect the alignment. Sway bar bushings are pretty straight forward. Jack the car up, pull both front wheels. Undo 2 bolts on each side holding the sway bar bushing and replace.

As far as other parts go, if you ever replace the inner tie rod or outer tie rod you will always need an alignment.

If you replace a strut you may or may not necessarily need an alignment, but it would be a good idea.

There is some quick rule of thumb thoughts for you. Good Luck
    Thanks I'll give it a shot
    2009 Crossover AWD Manual

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedHoles View Post
    Great thread!

Have any photos of your sway bar out? And also before and after drilling it? Just wondering.

I never pulled the sway bar out entirely. Earlier you asked about what the sway bar looked like after it was drilled out to 1/2 inch so I took a couple extra pictures when I did this upgrade to my wifes SX4. This time I cut off 8 threads (one more than last time). Also wanted to note again, that if you ever do this upgrade, that you might as well replace the sway bar bushings as well. You can't get your drill on the sway bar end unless you unhook the sway bar on both sides.

I also put an OBX pulley, new belt, and new crankshaft seal while I was in there.

Last edited by josh_sx4; January 2nd, 2018 at 08:52 AM.

Whst is the part number for the RiCOCHET bushings? Canzt find them on their ebay store.
    2007AWD auto.188k km..K/N air filter,AUX input,Group34 Battery
    Fixes..alternator,swybarlnk,cntrlarm,innertierod,P wiperarm,Rexhaustjnt,Raxleseals,Ujoints,idler,tens ioner pulleys.

Quote Originally Posted by CF7 View Post
    Whst is the part number for the RiCOCHET bushings? Canzt find them on their ebay store.
    Suzuki SX4 2007-13 Front Stabilizer Sway Bushing 23mm Polyurethane Pair http://r.ebay.com/5q9bEg

Thx, I did not find because Iwas looking for Mustang bushing...lol
    Fixes..alternator,swybarlnk,cntrlarm,innertierod,P wiperarm,Rexhaustjnt,Raxleseals,Ujoints,idler,tens ioner pulleys.

I was looking at Ford Transit 250 swaybar links in RockAuto. They listed as 300mm long. Which is 11.81 inches.
    SX4 swaybar links are 12 inches. A 1/4 inch shorter. The links looks more beefier than SX4.
    I'm tempted to get a pair.
    I wonder a 1/4 inch shorter affects the handling in what way?

Is the stud diameter the same as SX4 on the Transit links or do you still have to drill out your bar and strut mount to make them work?

If you don't have to do that on the Transit links being a 1/4" shorter is no big deal unless you are lifted.

Tony
    T. Chan
    10 SX4 6sp AWD, 17 CX-3 AWD
    09 Z06, 13 Shelby GT500

I can't say..but the picture Motorcraft looks beefier. The ball seems to be thicket. We might have to relocate the sensor wir8ng brackets.
    Part number is MEF277. Moog K750213.

Quote Originally Posted by CF7 View Post
    I was looking at Ford Transit 250 swaybar links in RockAuto. They listed as 300mm long. Which is 11.81 inches.
    SX4 swaybar links are 12 inches. A 1/4 inch shorter. The links looks more beefier than SX4.
    I'm tempted to get a pair.
    I wonder a 1/4 inch shorter affects the handling in what way?
    I'm running the mustang links that are 1/2 in shorter than the original SX4 links. I have done this mod to lifted SX4 and my wifes stock SX4. The 1/2 in difference makes no difference at all.