Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Trail Ready SX4 Build

It probably depends on where you live as to whether or not it is a problem, but I gave up with such bumper-mount wiring plugs. The road salts just kick the crap out of everything, even when there is a plug on it. Some vehicles' OEM ones seem to hold up quite well, but I just pinch the wire in the trunk/tail gate when I go to use it.

I hate salt unless it is on food.

Finally got the fog lights installed. Nothing special really

Good read. Man, I wish low profile hitches were more readily available. I like that rear rack a lot, and I also have a hitch mount bike rack I use, but don't want it hanging way down and dragging.

Did you do factory fog lights to a factory switch?

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedHoles View Post
    Did you do factory fog lights to a factory switch?
    For the Factory fogs I used the factory switch from ebay. The wiring is already behind the dash.

Quote Originally Posted by josh_sx4 View Post
    For the Factory fogs I used the factory switch from ebay. The wiring is already behind the dash.

Excellent.
    Happen to know if those wires that are under the bumper can instead be hooked up to some auxiliary lights (hella 500ff) instead of the factory fogs? That sounds like it would be too easy. If it did by chance work, I'm assuming they'd only be on with the low beams...

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedHoles View Post
    Excellent.
    Happen to know if those wires that are under the bumper can instead be hooked up to some auxiliary lights (hella 500ff) instead of the factory fogs? That sounds like it would be too easy. If it did by chance work, I'm assuming they'd only be on with the low beams...
    I'm sure you could hook them up to different lights. Correct, I don't think they work with the high beams

These D-rings are bolted to the crash bar. I definitely won't be lifting the weight of the vehicle with these. Its just a more convenient hook on point than under the car. There are factory tow points under the car, but they are only good for a few angles. If you used the factory tow points with the nose down it would put horrible pressure on the front plastic fascia. So, these D-Rings are as good as I could do.

The brackets are from a jeep wrangler rear bumper [Jeep CHRYSLER OEM 07-16 Wrangler Rear Bumper-Mount Bracket]. The D-rings are welded to the jeep bracket and are rated at 10,000lbs. I doubt the crash bar could handle any load like that.

Last edited by josh_sx4; December 7th, 2017 at 08:15 AM.