I bought mine a few months ago and already put over 3,000 miles on it. It now has 105,xxx miles. The car kicks butt in snow. It might actually be the best handling car I have owned. My '92 Dodge Stealth is gonna be tough to beat in that department, though.

There are a few things I don't like about it....

The crankshaft position sensor is between the engine and transmission. It doesn't seem to be a failure point in these cars from what people say, but they are on other vehicles. Some last forever, some puke much more often. Its not a problem as long as it is one of those "last forever" ones. Otherwise, what would normally be a relatively cheap and quick fix turns into a big deal.

The clutch slave cylinder is the same deal as above. Its mounted inside of there and... well... as long as it never goes bad, it won't be a problem. A slave cylinder is a part that I generally see go bad kinda randomly on vehicles, and again, what would normally be an easy fix is now a big deal.

Getting parts is kinda tough. Something like parking brake cables--well, good luck. They'll likely have to be custom units. www.push-pull.com should be able to whip some up though. With the internet and some digging around, and the fact that Fiat is in the USA and had a hand in the Fiat Sedici or whatever it was... the parts *may* be able to be sourced from there if need be. Stuff like this shouldn't ever be a problem for a MacGyver type like myself.

Rod bearings... well... after working over a lot of engines over the years, I am probably going to step on some toes and say that ONLY happens because of oil starvation unless the engine is heavily modified to the point that it makes massive power numbers and the bearings get damaged that way. Otherwise, bearing failure means that it was ran out of oil and/or neglected and sludged to where the oil couldn't drain back into the oil pan fast enough. Oil is cheap. Engines are expensive. You can replace whichever one you want.

Timing chain components seem to be a bit of a soft spot. But then, a lot of chain driven overhead cam engines do have issues in this area. I miss the old belt setups, despite they had to be changed once every 60,000 - 100,000 miles. Chains haven't proven to be much more robust in my opinion unless it is a short chain such as in a pushrod engine.

I think it is a pretty well-built vehicle. Suzuki tends to keep things simple, so there's not much that CAN go wrong. I wouldn't recommend one of these vehicles for someone who needs to spend their last dollar on a car. But I have other vehicles to drive, so if it does go ca'put, I can take my time in rounding up parts and stuff and I do it all myself. I wanted something small, simple, all wheel drive, manual transmission that is not a European car. The sx4 foots the bill.