Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LED Headlights Bulbs info / compatibility list

Quote Originally Posted by highmileage View Post
    Eh... I just kinda threw 'em in there...

I'll get to it... I guess. ��
    Same with me. I just let them fall where ever. The short cable didn't allow them to really reach anywhere suitable as a mounting point that I could see.
    2010 SX4 Sportback (FWD, CVT) Azure Grey

Auxito 9007 LED Headlight bulbs purchased on Amazon (yellow box). They fit my 2008 hatch with no installation problems or modifications required. High and low beams work and they are pretty affordable. Beam pattern and angle is similar to stock, but much brighter. Time will tell if they are durable. For those worried about install troubles, get these ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinker View Post
    Even if you find something that will fit with the retainers, expect to have a useless high beam.

LED's fit into halogen reflectors, while not DOT compliant, can work well enough if you have a single beam per reflector. However, they cannot mimic dual-beam bulbs like the 9007. At best, you should expect your high beam to appear about the same as your low beam. The 9007 LED kits light the top part of the reflector with the low beam and then light up the bottom as well with the high beam. The idea is that lighting up the bottom of the reflector will give you more down-road visibility but in practical application on this car, it just sends more light straight up, which is useless.
    HIDs are better for projector headlights

Although LEDs will fit and work, from experience, they will not perform as expected. In most cases, your stock halogen bulbs will be brighter than LEDs in projector-type headlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinnytalian View Post
    Auxito 9007 LED Headlight bulbs purchased on Amazon (yellow box). They fit my 2008 hatch with no installation problems or modifications required. High and low beams work and they are pretty affordable. Beam pattern and angle is similar to stock, but much brighter. Time will tell if they are durable. For those worried about install troubles, get these ones.
    FWIW, Amazon has these bulbs on sale today for $37/pair as part of a Black Friday deal: https://smile.amazon.com/AUXITO-9007...NsaWNrPXRydWU=