Thread: Substitute for Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S?

Substitute for Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S?

Need help just ordered a replacement set of Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S 215/60R -16 (last day for $60 rebate) only to have the store tell me they are sorry but they are not in stock.

So not only am I out $60 (I can't seem to find that size anywhere else) but I'm out a set of tires, and I've been putting them off way too long (can anyone say "racing slicks" ?).

I know a lot of you have gone with other tires over the years and I chose this brand/style based on member recommendations; can anyone recommend a comparable tire to the Geolander A/T-S in that size combination?

I would really like the same type of tread and look; for me the Geolanders really turned around my winter snow handling with the SX4 crossover and I would like to keep the car for a few more years.

Thanks for reading this.
    1.21 gigawatts?!?

G015 is the replacement.
    Most tire shops should be able to get them in few days.
    Reportedly, G015 is an upgrade to G012 in both quality of ride and longevity.
    Unfortunately G015 only available in 65 aspect ratio.

Cheers...
    How hard can it be?

my car takes 205/60/r16.. is there any wiggle room with tires with my model? 215/60/16 would work on stock car?
    Last edited by exime; June 1st, 2017 at 07:06 AM.
    2009 Crossover AWD Manual

Quote Originally Posted by exime View Post
    my car takes 205/60/r16.. is there any wiggle room with tires with my model? 215/60/16 would work on stock car?
    215 60R 16 is exactly what I run on my stock aluminum wheels, 2009 SX4 Crossover Touring, but now it looks like good luck finding anything in that size similar to the Geolandar A/T-S; literally, I find nothing in that size in that same type of tire.

Thats a shame, had I known I would have ordered replacements sooner before the supply dried up.
    1.21 gigawatts?!?

215/60-R16 should work on stock Sx4. 215/65-R16 however will rub on full lock or full compression if using OE wheel offset.

Cheers...
    How hard can it be?

So I got a response from Yokohama:

info@yokohamatire.com Today at 3:00 PM
    To xxxxxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com

The YOKOHAMA GEOLANDAR A/T-S has been discontinued but we have the replacement GEOLANDAR A/T G015; however the requested size continues in preproduction and should be available soon.

Sincerely,
    Consumer Affairs

So I guess thats good news, but I wish they had a timeframe for when they will be available in my size. Not sure how much longer I can hold off before my tread is completely gone.
    1.21 gigawatts?!?

I'm currently running my SX4 on A/T-Ss 205/65R16 on stock wheels. Maybe you can find that size...

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk
    2010 SX4 1.6 VVT 4x4 GS trim level Bright RED

Some of us are too stubborn to hear a good suggestion. ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿
    How hard can it be?